What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

PXL_20210214_133650903.jpg

Compliments of my Valentine:

Razor bank from PAA

Stirling Badger - I just LOVE the shape of that handle!

Package from eBay today. This was a “three fer” deal. I mostly only wanted the Treet and Star baton handle razors. The double edge Star razor was part of the package. I know nothing about Star DE’s.
View attachment 1221927
View attachment 1221929
That DE will likely be the best of the bunch. The Star DE is a classic and is an excellent shaver. Kind of like a pre-war Tech, but perhaps a little bit more efficient. Almost everybody who tries a Star DE ends up really liking it. Good score.

View attachment 1222388View attachment 1222394View attachment 1222396View attachment 1222397
It was a good day at the antique shops. All told, this haul was just about $35. The brush came with the mug, a cheap plastic handle with that old knot. I'm not sure if it's worth doing anything with it, but the rest looks pretty cool. At first glance, the razors appear to be an older SuperSpeed and a Red Tip, but I should know more once they get spiffed up.
Definitely a red tip, and the Superspeed looks like a late 40s "no date code" version, which is the best one they ever made. Great score!

Definitely a red tip, and the Superspeed looks like a late 40s "no date code" version, which is the best one they ever made. Great score!
Absolutely right, a 40s SS with no date code. The Red Tip I found out yesterday after some love with some soapy water had a date code of 4th quarter 1956. My father was born 4th quarter of '56. So that was an extra special stroke of luck.

And thank you very much, Kingfisher, for verifying that. I'm still new at identifying vintage razors.

I think best call from mail this year:
Buy this pack of blades in local online store for funny amount of money. Don’t now are will keep this all pack.maybe will selling all or half of this but for sure im very very happy today:))))))).
tell from experience what you have used from this pack. Do you like it??

Attachments

• CFF0EC87-F0F3-4244-BF6C-10D23BACB9AA.jpeg
    CFF0EC87-F0F3-4244-BF6C-10D23BACB9AA.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 23
Top Bottom