What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Wow. Those are some great additions to the Den! They ought to clear our RAD for a while... haha. Have fun!
Thanks! But, with Black Friday coming up, I fear my wallet isn't finished suffering, yet. :laugh:

By the way, that faux jade handle looks amazing! Semi-translucent handles are so eye-catching. What type of knot are you planning to set in it?

Didn't take any pics but this mornings mail brought a Parker Shavette, Clubman Lilac Vegetal, Clubman Whiskey Woods, Gillette Rubies, Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette 7 O'clock Green, Rapira Platinum Lux, and Lada Super Stainless blades. I didn't get any soap on this order.

Thanks! But, with Black Friday coming up, I fear my wallet isn't finished suffering, yet. :laugh:

By the way, that faux jade handle looks amazing! Semi-translucent handles are so eye-catching. What type of knot are you planning to set in it?
Oh same here. I'm deciding on whether to splurge out again or keeping myself sane..

Thanks! Viking does make some great looking handles. I'm planning to put a SHD 2-band badger knot in there. Plenty dense for my taste,

Oh same here. I'm deciding on whether to splurge out again or keeping myself sane..

Thanks! Viking does make some great looking handles. I'm planning to put a SHD 2-band badger knot in there. Plenty dense for my taste,
I'm glad that you mentioned Viking. I've been looking for a small travel brush with a handle similar in size and shape to the Omega 11047 Mixed Midget, but with a synthetic knot. (I think that I mentioned this in your thread about what we're looking for in our next brush.)

I haven't found anything like that online, so I was going to buy a Mixed Midget, steam out the knot, then glue in a Tuxedo knot. Then, I thought I should have one custom-made. I'd been thinking of asking Andrew at Viking Soap about it.

Now, after seeing your handle, I'm really interested. The colour of the faux horn is actually quite reminiscent of the Mixed Midget's handle. Maybe it's fate!

I'm glad that you mentioned Viking. I've been looking for a small travel brush with a handle similar in size and shape to the Omega 11047 Mixed Midget, but with a synthetic knot. (I think that I mentioned this in your thread about what we're looking for in our next brush.)

I haven't found anything like that online, so I was going to buy a Mixed Midget, steam out the knot, then glue in a Tuxedo knot. Then, I thought I should have one custom-made. I'd been thinking of asking Andrew at Viking Soap about it.

Now, after seeing your handle, I'm really interested. The colour of the faux horn is actually quite reminiscent of the Mixed Midget's handle. Maybe it's fate!
That sounds like a great brush. I love tuxedo knots so it should work well with the smaller handle.

I had a great experience with Viking. The handle came out to be pretty spot on to what I requested and Andrew helped me through some of the process with his knowledge. He's a great artisan to work with. I also got some of his soaps and I can't wait to try them out.

Received a 1938 Senator. I'm enjoying my vintage OC razors, so this will get used often.
IMG_1948.jpg
IMG_1950.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Still receiving my 2 of 3 Yaqi brushes they had on sale 11-11-2019, I bought this brush because I visited the cathredral "Sagrada Familia" in Barcelona Spain which is the name of the brush & it has the 24mm tuxedo knot that I enjoy lathering with.
Yaqi RB 1 (2).jpg Yaki SG 2 (2).jpg
Yaqi SG 3 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

1575014576618.png

A bit of a re-stock, plus some new stuff :D The matching soap dispenser to the toothbrush (razor) holder in the back shattered when I dropped it, so I thought it was time for a proper razor/brush stand.

That WCS Sakura musk is so good we ordered another for black friday. It's a very asexual scent, on a lady it is very feminine, and on a male it's quite masculine (once aftershave/lotion is applied)

Got some more stuff on the way as black friday caught me by the wallet, then I'll ride off into the sunset again lol.

A 2-pack of Williams mug Shaving Soap today. Keeping my fingers crossed that my wife might be getting me a new badger hair brush, brush stand, and lather bowl for Christmas.

1575087323461.png

Got this case with a Gillette travel. It was a bit empty and a bit sad shape, even though the razor looks like it's been used once or twice. The blade that came with it is still in the sealed box!

I cleaned the case, this is post lexol and razor polishing (it's stained from sitting in the case for 50+ years) and thought I'd fill the rest of the loops with some random bits!

The case is now soft and supple, and drying out from it's bath in mild soap, then lexol, and the razor looks brand new except for some minor scratches and a stain on the head.

1575087598249.png

1575087623201.png

Not bad for under $15 me thinks.

Unpacked some knots, got my epoxy and put em together with some handles.
Viking Faux Jade brush w/ Oumo 26mm SHD HM
WhippedDog Burgundy handle w/ Motherlode knot

IMG_20191129_201440989~2.jpg

94A71744-1E67-42F1-86E0-38E1C9D1AD1A.jpeg
589A905A-8625-45BC-9D16-5AA8C1FBCAF5.jpeg
5847C9BC-67F1-4F60-A969-1C7942F9E85E.jpeg

Well my package from PAA arrived today, based on a previous thread asking for help on a bay rum.......I was told that this is the way to go.

After cracking the seal and giving it a few good whiffs I’m really impressed and can’t wait to let this rip for tomorrow morning, this should pair nice with my TOBS Sandalwood

Attachments

• 73554B7A-4B15-413D-8634-009D759436AC.jpeg
    73554B7A-4B15-413D-8634-009D759436AC.jpeg
    550.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom