What's new

what are you snacking on today?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Pistachio nuts, the kind that come already shelled so that I can eat volumes of them without tearing up my winter-embrittled thumbnails.

We go through so many pistachios around here that you'd think we were getting paid to eat them. We get the ones in the shell, though. Otherwise, we'd eat them by the fistful.

Pumpkin seeds, roasted in the oven similar to @TexLaw's technique, misted with soy sauce and a bit of garlic powder.

I did some pepitas, as well, today. A little S&P and ground thyme. I'm gonna have to try your way, too. That sounds good!

My sons bantam chickens Have been laying steady and we have lots of little eggs. So I boiled a bunch up and made six into deviled eggs. Offered some to my teenager. Last time he tried them he wasn’t into it. He was a picky eater. Anyway, he liked it and asked the ingredients. I was busy with an email. He went into the kitchen and made a batch himself. Then offered me a sample.
6451030A-C767-4481-9DB3-D31E2A6D5421.jpeg

Yesterday was shrimp, bourbon maple bread and butter pickles, pickled okra, chipotle raspberry cream cheese dip, veggies and ranch dip, apples and caramel, mandarin oranges and pineapple bits.

Today is yet to be determined. Other than I had a dark chocolate almond biscotti with my coffee.

Top Bottom