What's new

what are you snacking on today?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Lays' Barbeque Potato Chips... Pepsi with ice in a giant tumbler... and hours of college softball on television. Some Tony Packo's Hungarians ready to be grilled between games... some Australian licorice at the ready.

You really shouldn't eat like this every day...

first test trial run of making:

Aloo Parathas

20210620_111933.jpg

camo

Summer Sausage from the Virginia Tech Meat store and Vermont Sharp Cheddar.

Yes, the university has a butcher shop which is part of the Ag/Food Sciences school. Students run it.

venison snack sticks bits 4 lbs.

my recipe which is nothing special. fillipino soy sauce cut with water, black pepper, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, red pepper flake, ghost pepper flake, fennel ground in pestle/mortar, Italian seasoning, salt.

LEM smoked mahogany casings which I love.

20210718_201102.jpg

will be eating with crackers, cheese, olives, salami,.dry coppa, and prosciutto.

life is good. compensation for work put in this last hunting season.

camo

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
venison snack sticks bits 4 lbs.

my recipe which is nothing special. fillipino soy sauce cut with water, black pepper, dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic, red pepper flake, ghost pepper flake, fennel ground in pestle/mortar, Italian seasoning, salt.

LEM smoked mahogany casings which I love.

View attachment 1298857

will be eating with crackers, cheese, olives, salami,.dry coppa, and prosciutto.

life is good. compensation for work put in this last hunting season.

camo

I'm going to need to try making them with casings sometime. Those look good!

made a cheescake today, made some strawberry sauce last week to go over angel food and the leftover stuff will be used on the cheescake as topping.

My daughters sent me a seafood bundle. It’s always an incongruous treat to be eating fresh seafood in the desert. Today, we enjoyed a dozen raw oysters as well as some lovely caviar. We paired a Chandon Blanc de Pinot Noir sparkler. We still have some oysters as well as a bunch of little neck clams. Will probably shuck some oysters to eat raw and grill some with shallot butter. The clams will be steamed or made into a linguine sauce. The decadent thing about fresh seafood for us is that there is no waiting “ for a special occasion”, you need to eat it NOW!
324BD003-2BB8-49F6-8AAF-2847420DE48D.jpeg
CB219510-98CF-49E8-8024-C8C447C45A4A.jpeg
FE6778F7-2B85-4918-AA41-603542B338D6.jpeg

Top Bottom