What's new

What are you listening to?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
While shaving, it's either WBGO for jazz or WMHT for classical--both on my Echo.

Need to find myself a good country/western station that plays stuff from at least twenty years ago. Any good suggestions? I've been playing the same Kim Richey CD for years now.

I'd have to add "Hey Bulldog" and and George's "Only A Northern Song" to the list of good tracks from the original release of The Yellow Submarine soundtrack. Of course, there is "All You Need Is Love" but that came out as a single previously. And on the flip of that was "Baby You're A Rich Man." Like that one a lot too!

I am probably too hard on Yellow Submarine. I did say "one of the few redeeming cuts," which gives me some cover, I suppose. "Only a Northern Song" is certainly another redeeming cut. I am generally a big Lennon fan, but "Hey Bulldog," never really appealed to me, as I know it does many. I suppose "All You Need Is Love" was big enough that I have to concede on that one, too, but it is not a fav of mine. There are a fair number of sort of in between major albums Beatles songs I do not love. I was never a big fan of Magical Mystery Tour, but from what I can tell that album has grown in stature over the years. Yellow Submarine hardly seemed worth the cost of the album back in the day. Ironic that George got two good cuts on it!

Gerry Marsden passed last month,

I had not heard or had forgotten that. That is sad. Gerry and the Pacemakers were great.

I am probably too hard on Yellow Submarine. I did say "one of the few redeeming cuts," which gives me some cover, I suppose. "Only a Northern Song" is certainly another redeeming cut. I am generally a big Lennon fan, but "Hey Bulldog," never really appealed to me, as I know it does many. I suppose "All You Need Is Love" was big enough that I have to concede on that one, too, but it is not a fav of mine. There are a fair number of sort of in between major albums Beatles songs I do not love. I was never a big fan of Magical Mystery Tour, but from what I can tell that album has grown in stature over the years. Yellow Submarine hardly seemed worth the cost of the album back in the day. Ironic that George got two good cuts on it!

I had not heard or had forgotten that. That is sad. Gerry and the Pacemakers were great.
Ya I hear you on the Yellow Sub soundtrack. Check out the Yellow Submarine Songtrack that was released in 1999. Worth it solely for the remarkable remixing job. Give It's All Too Much a spin on headphones there :thumbup:

I think I'm one of 3 or 4 people on the planet who likes George Martin's orchestral score on side 2 ...

I am probably too hard on Yellow Submarine.

I didn't like many Beatle songs after A Hard Days Night, but I liked that one. When I was dating my wife, I was driving a '66 Pontiac "Candlelight Cream" Le Mans with a black vinyl top. My wife still refers to that car as the Yellow Submarine. She always had a name for our cars. I never understood why.

Top Bottom