What's new

What are you listening to?

love this song, but i've been listening to a lot of Nilsson lately and found this lovely "cover"

I had Nilsson's first two LPs, but sometime in the mid 90s, I traded them with a guy at work for Tubular Bells and another LP. I haven't had a working record player in years, so it doesn't really matter.

A day after posting my other Thelonious Monk link, I remembered that 15 years ago I gave a guy an Irish punk CD that I had duplicates of and he gave me a Monk/Coltrane CD in exchange. It took me a day to find it and I haven't listened to it in 15 years until now. Although I probably have 800+ Brubeck tunes from the 50s & 60s, it's never too late to teach a (REALLY) old dog new tricks.

Thanks. That track has been posted here before and I finally ordered the CD.
I do love that track in particular. I hope you like the whole album. It's pretty bass centric as the title suggests, but there's a lot of sweet guitar and piano playing peppered through out by Kenny Burrell and Hank Jones :thumbup1:

Saw Jefferson Airplane twice in the 1960s, when tickets to concerts were $3.50-5.00, and you got two different groups. I had a few of their early albums, but preferred Slick with the Great Society. No longer have JA LPs, but I may still have the following LP in storage, if it hasn't been lost in our moves over the years. I have the Great Society White Rabbit on my iPod. The long intro (starting at 31:55) drives my wife, kids and grandkids crazy. My wife has asked for the Airplane version, but she hasn't gotten her wish.

Last edited:
Saw Jefferson Airplane twice in the 1960s, when tickets to concerts were $3.50-5.00, and you got two different groups. I had a few of their early albums, but preferred Slick with the Great Society. No longer have JA LPs, but I may still have the following LP in storage, if it hasn't been lost in our moves over the years. I have the Great Society White Rabbit on my iPod. The long intro (starting at 31:55) drives my wife, kids and grandkids crazy. My wife has asked for the Airplane version, but she hasn't gotten her wish.

Never heard this version. I’ve only heard the Airplane’s which I’ve always liked. Plus it’s classic San Francisco in the 60s. My parents lived in the Haight when I was born and I have fond memories as a young kid there.

Top Bottom