What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What are you listening to?

I like their folk-punk sound, but metal is one genres I can't get into. My teen daughter in the 1980s liked metal and I made her wear headphones if I was home. I still refer to her favorite 80s band as Dead Leopards. The closest I get to metal is occasionally watching Korpiklaani's Vocka video.

Lately its been SWMBO.
After 50+ years of experimentation, I find that the 1933 King Kong movie, any silent film, or a loud jazz CD (Brubeck, Monk, etc) puts up an invisible barrier at the top of the steps down to the basement that my wife won't cross. My 5-7 hour silent films work best, even if I only put them on for a long, uninterrupted nap.

DoctorShavegood

Aaron Scissorhands
Ambassador
After 50+ years of experimentation, I find that the 1933 King Kong movie, any silent film, or a loud jazz CD (Brubeck, Monk, etc) puts up an invisible barrier at the top of the steps down to the basement that my wife won't cross. My 5-7 hour silent films work best, even if I only put them on for a long, uninterrupted nap.
Time in the mancave is therapeuticl.

Queen-Radio Gaga. Groups like Queen, Yes, Genesis, Rush, Kansas, Pink Floyd, etc. were so much more talented and gifted than the nonsense that exists today. Sometimes I thank the man upstairs I was able to experience the true greatness of the 70's and 80's rock era.

Last edited:
Queen-Radio Gaga. Groups like Queen, Yes, Genesis, Rush, Kansas, Pink Floyd, etc. were so much more talented and gifted than the nonsense that exists today. Sometimes I thank the man upstairs I was able to experience the true greatness of the 70's and 80's rock era.
Those were indeed great bands and it was a great time for rock. I listen to all the groups you mentioned and their work still holds up.