What's new

What are you listening to?

Wow! No Gabriel record in your 4?
Well yes, and I have heard this before. Two friends and fellow Genesis fans have also questioned my preference to post-Gabriel Genesis. Right or wrong, one can debate that the band took off after Gabriel left. I like all Genesis up until the mid 80's "Genesis" record, and my preference is the era made up of Collins, Hackett, Rutherford and Banks, and the few years after Hackett left. For me, Rutherford and Banks made powerful instrumental contributions to the band that became obvious after Gabriel left.

Well yes, and I have heard this before. Two friends and fellow Genesis fans have also questioned my preference to post-Gabriel Genesis. Right or wrong, one can debate that the band took off after Gabriel left. I like all Genesis up until the mid 80's "Genesis" record, and my preference is the era made up of Collins, Hackett, Rutherford and Banks, and the few years after Hackett left. For me, Rutherford and Banks made powerful instrumental contributions to the band that became obvious after Gabriel left.
Totally valid points. I first fell in love with the band on And Then There Were Three before I even knew Gabriel had been in the group. So I sort of discovered the band in a backwards fashion. I think it was Carpet Crawlers from Lamb that lead me to investigate the Gabriel-era records. But my first impression actually came after Gabriel and Hacket left. I wish Hacket hadn’t left though. Gabriel had to go his direction but would have been great if Hacket had stayed.

Montrose--the self-titled debut album from 1974 featuring "Rock the Nation", "Space Station #5" and "Bad Motor Scooter". If this music won't wake you up, nothing will. WOW!!!

Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers (1960)

My favorite Everly Brothers song. I have loved that song since first it came out. Yet 9 years after it came out, I ignored the warning and married a Kathy. We're still married so I guess the K instead of a C made all the difference.

Listening to It's Monk's Time on youtube. I bought the LP back in 1964 when it came out. Too bad I was in high school and couldn't be more open to Bebop back then. After recording a Monk documentary on TCM this past week, I decided to revisit that 64 LP. I no longer have that LP and and hadn't heard in 50+ years. Not sure I'll ever be a big fan of Bebop, but I love the opening track of Lulu's Back In Town. I'm posting a longer, live version from '66 rather than the LP version. Who wants to stare at an album cover when when you can see them play live?

Montrose--the self-titled debut album from 1974 featuring "Rock the Nation", "Space Station #5" and "Bad Motor Scooter". If this music won't wake you up, nothing will. WOW!!!

Nice. I didn’t know of Ronnie Montrose until Gamma 1. Remember Thunder and Lightning? [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom