What's new

What are you listening to?

I listen to a lot of Jazz. Not smooth jazz like what Kenny G plays. I listen to heavier stuff. Check out Yellowjackets, Pat Metheny Group, Chick Corea Elektric Band.

Mark

I listen to a lot of Jazz. Not smooth jazz like what Kenny G plays. I listen to heavier stuff. Check out Yellowjackets, Pat Metheny Group, Chick Corea Elektric Band.

Mark
Two of my fav Pat Metheny records are Off Ramp and Letter from Home. I was really into Chick Corea's Return to Forever and also his Akoustic Band album. Loved that trio.

Good to know that there are other people here who likes the same music as I do.
Akoustic Band is awesome. Chick, Weckl and Patitucci are perfect together.

Absolutely agree. There is some great song craft there. Plus the usual fantastic musicianship and vocals. I saw them tour this record at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. What a superb show that was.

Btw, love your profile pic of George Harrison. Was that shot from A Hard Day's Night? I know there's the scene where he's shaving in the bathroom with a towel around his neck using a can of Old Spice in the mirror. Someone here on BnB also pointed out a photo where all four Beatles were shaving with Tabac. I thought it was from A Hard Day's Night too but could be wrong. Fun Beatle/Safety Razor trivia :) Big Beatles fan here.
Fairly certain it's from A Hard Day's Night. Re: Genesis. IMO "A Trick of the Tail" is the best record they ever made with or w/o Gabriel

Fairly certain it's from A Hard Day's Night. Re: Genesis. IMO "A Trick of the Tail" is the best record they ever made with or w/o Gabriel
Best record for me would probably be And Then There Were Three followed closely by Wind & Wuthering. And then there's Selling England By The Pound.

Best record for me would probably be And Then There Were Three followed closely by Wind & Wuthering. And then there's Selling England By The Pound.
Ah Genesis--luv 'em. My top four, And Then There Were Three, Wind & Wuthering, Duke, Trick of the Tail. Really they didn't make an iffy record till Collins wanted a commercial sound in the early 80's.

Ah Genesis--luv 'em. My top four, And Then There Were Three, Wind & Wuthering, Duke, Trick of the Tail. Really they didn't make an iffy record till Collins wanted a commercial sound in the early 80's.
I’d say up to their Genesis record, the one with That’s All did you start to get a little too poppy. But still a fantastic band.

Top Bottom