What's new

What are you listening to?

Wow! This is great. I consider myself a big Jayhawks fan--albeit new to them about three years ago--and I had not come across this album previously.
Yeah another Jayhawks fan! I really dig these guys. And they led me to Wilco, Jay Farrar, sun Volt, etc. Their Tomorrow the Green Grass is a classic I think. Gotta love the harmonies and twang!

"Mary, The One Eyed Prostitute Who Fought The Colossal Squid On The High Seas And Saved Us From Certain Death, God Rest Her One-Eyed Soul". Was there ever a better song title?

With 125+ Irish punk cd's back to the 1990s, down-under Irish punk were always the hardest ones to get. Sadly, I think I only have 1 or 2 Rumjack ep's.

"Joey" by Concrete Blond. Johnette Napolitano wrote it and sings it. Great voice. Great, powerfully emotional song. Based on real life apparently. Alcoholism is not a good thing. Maybe is wrong of me, but I liked her a whole lot better before all the tats.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Welcome to the Machine my friend.

For me its the sax in Shine On You Crazy Diamond fading away down that long tunnel and then into Welcome To The Machine. Even 40 years later, it takes me to a place I love to go.

Dick Parry played the sax in that song and also played the sax with Banco De Gaia in 1997 on their Big Men Cry album. Another favorite of mine.

He plays the sax like David Gilmour plays the guitar.

I had about a 1 hour listening session and finished with Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Welcome To The Machine. I couldnt think of anything to follow it with and had my fix. I hadnt sat and listened to them both for a long time. The bass in Welcome To The Machine is incredible and clean. At the same volume level as everything else I listened to in that session, Welcome To The Machine is the only one that made my window rattle.

My listening room is 12x15 feet and with the window and balcony door closed there isnt enough airspace for my subwoofer to really open up at higher volume.

For me its the sax in Shine On You Crazy Diamond fading away down that long tunnel and then into Welcome To The Machine. Even 40 years later, it takes me to a place I love to go.

Dick Parry played the sax in that song and also played the sax with Banco De Gaia in 1997 on their Big Men Cry album. Another favorite of mine.

He plays the sax like David Gilmour plays the guitar.

I had about a 1 hour listening session and finished with Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Welcome To The Machine. I couldnt think of anything to follow it with and had my fix. I hadnt sat and listened to them both for a long time. The bass in Welcome To The Machine is incredible and clean. At the same volume level as everything else I listened to in that session, Welcome To The Machine is the only one that made my window rattle.

My listening room is 12x15 feet and with the window and balcony door closed there isnt enough airspace for my subwoofer to really open up at higher volume.
You can certainly hear that Dick Parry sound on that Banco de Gaia track. Very distinctive. Thanks for that info.

Bill Evans Trio, Portrait in Jazz (1959)

IMG_0293.jpg

Top Bottom