What's new

What are you listening to?

My wife and I went to see The Tedeschi Trucks Band at the Beacon Theatre on Tuesday night. Man this was a good show. Never saw them before. 3 backup singers. 3 piece horn section. Two drummers. Where to begin. Two of the backup singers were amazing. The guy had such a soulful voice and could really wail while the woman just blew the doors off. The two drummers was interesting. Not many bands do two drummers basically because it's very difficult to pull off well. The Allman Brothers had two drummers. Genesis had two drummers. Zappa had two drummers back in the 70's. These guys really complemented each other well. The biggest surprise was Derek Trucks. What an amazing guitar player. His slide playing was insane. And Tedeschi can really sing. Nice and clear but some rasp when she wants to. But another surprise, she can play a mean blues lead guitar. A really nice show. I'd see them again. And I was grateful that we had seats in the Loge, the lowest balcony level. 4th row towards the center. Perfect view but the best part was we could sit through the entire show. The last time we saw a similar band, Government Mule, we sat in the orchestra and the entire orchestra stood through the entire show. And when I looked down there tonight, sure enough everyone was standing all night. I pay good money for my seat so I expect to be able to sit in it and see and hear the band unobstructed.
Absolutely love the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Would love to see them live once. One of my favs is Midnight in Harlem. Did they happen play that one? And if you get a chance take a listen to or watch Eric Clapton's Live in San Diego. Derek Trucks is part of his band on this tour. It's just outstanding.

Absolutely love the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Would love to see them live once. One of my favs is Midnight in Harlem. Did they happen play that one? And if you get a chance take a listen to or watch Eric Clapton's Live in San Diego. Derek Trucks is part of his band on this tour. It's just outstanding.

Midnight in Harlem is a great tune which they did that night. I'll have to definitely check out that Clapton video with Trucks. I've become an instant fan of Trucks' guitar playing.

Top Bottom