What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

I have a model G but never got any blades for it. Does that count? (sort of)?

Sounds like you are just a little SchickHead!!! : )

I have a type m hydromagic. Just ordered some blades Nd have a type g coming. Looking fwd to trying them out. Any way to get these replated?
There are likely folks around here who know someone who could replate such a razor. It would have to be separated from the plastic handle first though – not sure it would back together too good – I have never tried this.
Does anybody have the knowledge to answer this question??

Where do you buy those blades? Can you tell a big difference between those and something like a Chinese Schick?
I have kept my blade purchases pretty basic. Plus, up in Canada where I am there are not a lot of options. And I have no idea where to get em! Somebody around here does for sure though!

full

From the B&B gallery at http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/21197&c=7

I can see there is a growing Bunch of SchickHeads around these Boards!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Where do you buy those blades? Can you tell a big difference between those and something like a Chinese Schick?

The Personna 74's are out of production .. I think the Chinese-made Schicks aka "Chicks" are the best modern new injectors; for edge sharpness, longevity, and loading they trump the plastic cased Personna's in my experience. But they cost twice as much or more ..

The Personna 74's are out of production .. I think the Chinese-made Schicks aka "Chicks" are the best modern new injectors; for edge sharpness, longevity, and loading they trump the plastic cased Personna's in my experience. But they cost twice as much or more ..

Thanks for the info. I have a local Price Chopper supply of the "Chicks", and that's the only thing I know. I'll likely order some plastic cased Personnas at some point, just to compare them.

I bought mine off Amazon. Some guy must have a good stash who sells them. I haven't checked lately but I would check there first. They are also frequently on the Bay.

The only other injectors blades I've used were NOS Schick Plus Platinums which were very good. I own some new Personnas but have not used them yet. I've heard the Chinese blades are decent and they have better cartridges than new Personnas.

I bought the Personna shaper Blades, they're Injectors in a Cartridge without a tab, which I didn't know when ordering. I loaded them into an empty NOS Metal Tab Injector Cartridge using a jewelers screwdriver and some patience. IME the Personnas were consistently smooth, with the "Chicks", every third or fourth shave left a bit of irritation.

I am giving them a shot. Had a type I for years with a rusty blade in it. I was recently watching Mr Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse w Cary Grant and was motivated to use it. Bought some blades off Amazon and gave it a go. I liked it very much and will keep it in the rotation. Have a type G headed this way from the Bay...look fwd to trying it as well.

My first Injector purchase was a Turquoise Handle G5. I shaved with it and now have a few more G models on the way. I even used it today. I bought a pack of the "Chick" blades but plan to try others. These seem to work fine though.

Steve

Top Bottom