What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

IMG_0473.jpeg

Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick (11)
Brush: Yaqi Arctic
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented Soap - Proraso White cream
Lather: Stirling Varen
Aftershave: Stirling Varen

IMG_3342.jpeg

Razor: Schick E3 Canadian, Eversharp, Nickled with black handle
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector
Brush: Paladin Eldorado Graphite
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Grafton
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
20240309_084526.jpg

20240316_083538.jpg

Razor: Schick E3 Imperial Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Nivea Post Shave Balm

Razor: Schick F New and Improved Injector razor
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Odyssey
Aftershave: Truefitt and Hill Grafton Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20240323_083159.jpg

Razor: Schick G1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Quartz Vein, Shavemac Finest
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20240330_080141.jpg

Just found this rather nice Schick E2 (I think).
It was pretty crusty but it cleaned up rather nice.

I found a G a few weeks ago and was astounded at how well it worked. Since then I've been looking for an E. Check that off my list.

One reason I wanted an E is for the beautiful handle. I love the color.
This has the round and movable spring and it does not have the striations on the safety bar. Solid E2 I think. Let me know if I am wrong.
One area the I am curious about that never gets mentioned is the horse shoe raised ring at the spring pivot point. I have seen raised areas and also stamped, flat areas with the same pattern. Is that particular to a certain type?
Also mine says MADE IN USA above this area. I don't see that often. Is that unique to the E2?

I plan to use this tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how it performs.

Dirty

IMG_9230.jpegIMG_9231.jpegIMG_9229.jpegIMG_9214.jpegIMG_9216.jpeg

Just found this rather nice Schick E2 (I think).
It was pretty crusty but it cleaned up rather nice.

I found a G a few weeks ago and was astounded at how well it worked. Since then I've been looking for an E. Check that off my list.

One reason I wanted an E is for the beautiful handle. I love the color.
This has the round and movable spring and it does not have the striations on the safety bar. Solid E2 I think. Let me know if I am wrong.
One area the I am curious about that never gets mentioned is the horse shoe raised ring at the spring pivot point. I have seen raised areas and also stamped, flat areas with the same pattern. Is that particular to a certain type?
Also mine says MADE IN USA above this area. I don't see that often. Is that unique to the E2?

I plan to use this tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how it performs.

Dirty

View attachment 1822971View attachment 1822972View attachment 1822969View attachment 1822965View attachment 1822966
Yes, you have an early E2. The Made in USA was on the E1, and they stopped that after a point, obviously. This is an E1 and it has it.
20220131_132623.jpg

I have an early E2 with the opening spring and it has that as well. They probably dropped it when they changed to the fixed spring.

Yes, you have an early E2. The Made in USA was on the E1, and they stopped that after a point, obviously. This is an E1 and it has it.
View attachment 1823120
I have an early E2 with the opening spring and it has that as well. They probably dropped it when they changed to the fixed spring.
And the area around the pivot point question? The raised circle vs the recessed stamp? Is that a good way to distinguish between an E1 and an E2?

I just finished a shave with a 2 shave old Chick blade and got a fantastic, drama free two pass BBS.

I had an E3 previously but was never able to get a good shave without blood letting. It may have been abused at one point and the head geometry was off. This E2 has been a revelation. I can't believe it was made around 1937 and more then likely works as well as new even after languishing in obscurity for many years prior to this week. Have I got the date correct?

I've heard that the early E series were more aggressive than the later ones. I haven't had that much experience to say that but I will say this razor is one of my new favorites.

It might be time to cut back on my Gillette purchases and concentrate on Schicks from now on. :001_smile:001_smile:001_smile

Dirty

I have two type Gs and both of them have the raised ring. My guess is that it is partially decorative and partially to keep from catching things on the rivet

Thanks Ted,

I agree, but my question was more about dating the razors regarding the difference in the stampings.
Here is a pic of one with the unusual stamping around the pivot point that I'm asking about.

s-l1600.jpeg

And the area around the pivot point question? The raised circle vs the recessed stamp? Is that a good way to distinguish between an E1 and an E2?
In Appleby's chart the grooved safety bar marked the transition to the E3 designation.

I have a razor in my collection with that same back as above. It came in a pigskin covered brown case, which was what they used in the late 30s and early 40s. I haven't seen much mention of it anywhere. I assume they tried a different method of construction and decided it wasn't working for them.

Last edited:
Razor: Schick G2 Gold filled Injector Razor
Brush: Farvour Turn Craft 528 in synthetic
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20240413_094301.jpg

Razor: Schick G4