What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Sometimes I can be a real SchickHead. :001_cool:

While I typically use a Single Edge razor (early lather catchers usually) and at times load up a DE, I have a real soft spot for the efficiency and design of the Schick razor and blade. My fav to use is the Model E amber handle - the basic and common old Schick - with the Chinese Schick blades. I use the Pellas as well but seem to prefer the Schicks.

So what about you?? Can you be a SchickHead too?

:biggrin1:

$Razor Schick Model E.JPG

Last edited:
Guess I am a schickhead too. Love my E, Adj, and I2 Hydro! I like Personna SS coated blades and p74s- but have no real problem with the chinese schick blades either. never tried the pellas.

In case you missed seeing it mentioned, from about age 16 or 17, when the color and texture of my whiskers changed from soft, blond, (and sparse), to raspy, reddish-brown, and covered most of my face instead of just my upper lip and sideburns, I changed from an heirloom SE of some sort to a Schick Injector. That was 1956 or 1957. My first one had the darker colored plastic handle (I-Model), not white, but also was not a HydroMagic.

E-3, I-2, J-1, L-3 & M-2 for my Rotation, with a Krona for the occasional DE Shave, which I enjoyed more than my Gillette SS.

I prefer the NOS Blades of Schick; Plus Platinum & Krona, or the Gillette NOS Injector Blades, the "Chicks" were OK but I liked the current Production Personna's better. The NOS Personna 74 were long lasting but weren't agreeable with me for some reason, I always had one irritated spot on the left lower corner of my mouth, maybe it was a bad blade in the pack and I may have to revisit them.

Last edited:
I have a type m hydromagic. Just ordered some blades Nd have a type g coming. Looking fwd to trying them out. Any way to get these replated?

Sometimes I can be a real SchickHead. :001_cool:

While I typically use a Single Edge razor (early lather catchers usually) and at times load up a DE, I have a real soft spot for the efficiency and design of the Schick razor and blade. My fav to use is the Model E amber handle - the basic and common old Schick - with the Chinese Schick blades. I use the Pellas as well but seem to prefer the Schicks.

So what about you?? Can you be a SchickHead too?

:biggrin1:

View attachment 259244

Nicely said!! My favorite is the Type E and G also.

I've mainly used the I2 Hydromagic and a Personna injector to date. I'm getting ready to try out my E2 here within the hour, and I'm hoping the slightly more aggressive model will suit me just a bit better.

I really enjoy my shaves with the injectors. I have either a E or G...the uncertainty comes from it's Canadian heritage. But whatever it is, it works very well. I enjoy it best with Personna 74s. That's my magic combo.

I shaved every day for 4-6 years with Injector razors when I was finishing high school and going to college; if my graduating class in college had a homecoming reunion, it would be the 50-year mark. I remember the handle being black or dark brown. I do not remember any cleaning lever under the head. Toward the end, I had a longer, white handled one that in retrospect may have been a Schick "J" model.

But I remember buying Personna blades for it, and very vaguely have a tag of memory of having had a Personna razor, also, not a Pal with a metal back on it. What does your Personna look like? (Picture?)

My favorite is this E I bought new old stock. It came with the original box - a little beat up, but intact - it was originally 69 cents. It also has the original blade pack and instructions and a 20 year warranty. It's dated 1941.

proxy.php

I really enjoy my shaves with the injectors. I have either a E or G...the uncertainty comes from it's Canadian heritage. But whatever it is, it works very well. I enjoy it best with Personna 74s. That's my magic combo.

Where do you buy those blades? Can you tell a big difference between those and something like a Chinese Schick?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've got the Schickness off & on also (no, it isn't poor character) .. can't seem to shake it .. I'm sure there was a yellow handled Type E in the medicine cabinet when I started shaving in the earlier 60's, I took a Schick to college the summer of Woodstock, but now the Adjustable does it best. I just worry about a continued blade supply .. so keep prompting the local drug store to re-order the Chicks that I am squirrelling away.

I've shaved with Types A through the N, never have seen an O Type.

Yep, I'm a schick duck as well .. the coolest in my opinion are the early "repeaters" .. and they still work!

$SchickC2.jpg

Top Bottom