What's new

Wester Bros Straight

I was just given a Wester Bros Straight an was wondering if any one is familiar with them. It has Anchor brand and made in Germany. On the flip side it says "Manganese" Steel then under that Reg U.S pat off.

Some one scratched their name in the scale, it says JAY 1/21/49

Any info would be appreciated.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Any pictures?

What I could find. Solingen steel.

Anchor Brand Straight Edge Razor made by Wester & Butz, Mersceid- Solingen, Germany Wester Bros New- York. 102 COLOMBI Solingen.

Wester Brothers New York

WESTER & BUTZ, MERSCHEID -SOLINGEN GERMANY
West Side Grinding Co. 9 Bedford St. NY

A buddy gave me this straight, does anyone have any info/history on it? His sister picked it up in a yard sale for a buck. Just wondering about it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Merged the threads to keep everything in 1 spot!

I got one of these from Whipped Dog recently...shaves like a dream! (though I know little of the brand and its history)

I had one of these razors, in fact it was the the 2nd razor i ever bought, sold it on, i bought it "shave ready" but it was not, in hind sight i wished i kept it:mad3:

I was just given a Wester Bros Straight an was wondering if any one is familiar with them. It has Anchor brand and made in Germany. On the flip side it says "Manganese" Steel then under that Reg U.S pat off.

Some one scratched their name in the scale, it says JAY 1/21/49

Any info would be appreciated.

Don't know Jay, but do have an Anchor Brand just like yours. It works very well for me.

Top Bottom