What's new

Has anyone here tried Executive Shaving Company's Ultimate Shaving Brush?

Hello folks,

I've been eyeing this one for quite some time:

I was just curious if anyone here had tried it or knows anything about it? It retails at £90 which is up there in the price range of some of the more expensive Simpson synths and seems to be Executive Shaving Company's answer to a more prestige/luxury synthetic brush..

I never see it mentioned and there isn't a great amount of information about it on the listing.. apart from the fact it uses "G5 fibres".. but from what I see "G_ fibres" look to be unofficial designations used by a number of manufacturers.. so they could be entirely different depending on who you buy it from. I've seen other brushes with "G5 " fibres that look nothing like the ones on the ESC brush.

I believe Executive Shaving Company sometimes have items made to order and branded with the ESC name. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Just in that maybe there's another brush like this under a different branding where I could find out more about it.

Often these are items produced to a high standard while still being at a fair price.. as in the case of the polished as full solid stainless, polished as standard Outlaw razor which can be bought for around £100 is very similar to the Alpha razor.. open to correction but may be produced for ESC by the same company.

I will say I'm a big fan of Executive Shaving Company.. they're one of the best stores I've used. Never been disappointed with anything I purchased from them and their customer service is second to none.

I'm a fan of their "Big Jock" brushes.. which are like their "mid line" brushes that retail for around £30 so that this one costs three times the price of those, I have to say I'm somewhat curious about it. I wonder who it is produced by and where the fibres are from.. if they are the same fibres used in any other brushes I may be more familiar with etc.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Steve, I had two of the previous Ultimates you designed and had manufactured for ESC.. The two tone aluminum ones... I love those handles.... but not the G4 knot over time... so I had Rudy reknot them for me... still love those handles.. but now with a badger knot. (ShaveMac Two-band Silvertip)

The resin handle on your new one looks to be very nice.

Steve, I had two of the previous Ultimates you designed and had manufactured for ESC.. The two tone aluminum ones... I love those handles.... but not the G4 knot over time... so I had Rudy reknot them for me... still love those handles.. but now with a badger knot. (ShaveMac Two-band Silvertip)

The resin handle on your new one looks to be very nice.

It always puzzled me why ES names two different brushes as "Ultimate" - weird eh ? I designed TWO in aluminium for them and they are totally different yet they called both as "Ultimate".

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It always puzzled me why ES names two different brushes as "Ultimate" - weird eh ? I designed TWO in aluminium for them and they are totally different yet they called both as "Ultimate".
I only ever saw the one... the two tone handle. I saw it in a video Brian did when he was demonstrating the Claymore Evolution... I ended buying his whole kit. LOL... My first venture into wet shaving.... the Stef Baxter lipped shaving bowl... the Ultimate brush you designed with the two tone aluminum.... the Claymore Evo, obviously... I think he used Citrus Kiss, if I remember correctly. I had to stop using all scented soaps so that one moved on... but I loved the scent.

Top Bottom