What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

A nice relaxing Sunday with my Dynabeat Time Zone.
20200510_215346.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
The world's greatest Invicta . . . because it doesn't scream "Invicta" on the dial or the bezel; it doesn't even whisper it. In fact, you need a loupe to find it on the back. At about 40 mm, the watch wears tastefully small, thanks to a bead blasted s/s case and coined bezel.

The watch--and this points out my need to find my macro camera (I promise!)--is skeletonized front and back. No, the mystery movement is not elegantly engraved or picked out; it's elegantly stamped. Moreover, it's virtually impossible to read. Nonetheless, it keeps acceptable time, and is great fun to wear.

The same damn clothes I was wearing when this CoVid lockdown/distancing thing started. Why bother changing. It’s just me and my cat cooped up in the apartment. I can’t even be bothered wasting aftershave. I’m just using plain old moisturizer.

The same damn clothes I was wearing when this CoVid lockdown/distancing thing started. Why bother changing. It’s just me and my cat cooped up in the apartment. I can’t even be bothered wasting aftershave. I’m just using plain old moisturizer.
:001_unsur Did you forget? Variety is the spice of life! :wink2:

Changing out straps can be half the fun of owning a watch.

Obviously, changing NATO type feed-through straps is easy, but to play the game right and use all those great two-piece straps out there, you'll need a springbar tool. You can get reasonable $5 cheapies on the 'bay or at Amazon, or for less than $20, you can get a French-made Bergeon--the kind watchmakers use. One of those will last you a lifetime, and can be much easier to use.

Either way, changing out straps can make a big difference in a watch's personality, and, as I said, it's a lot of fun. Just be sure you know your watch's lug width (yours is probably a 20 or 22 mm) so the fit is right.

(Check out Antique Hoosier's posts. He swaps out straps all the time on that nice Longines of his. It's like wearing a new watch every day.)

You can get a reasonable watch tool kit for less than $10 at a nearby Harbor Freight.

Top Bottom