What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

This week it is the Orient Mako in yellow. The infamous “Bumblebee” Mako.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm glad you asked. Because until 4 minutes ago I didn't know either. This is from Invicta's Jason Taylor Collection. Wikipedia informs me he was a pretty good linebaker for the Dolphins. His jersey number was 99. He retired after the 2011 season.

I, of course, bought the watch on impulse, after a few beers, being cooped up at home hiding from The Red Death. I wanted a black PVD coated watch and these gold accents brought a little "pop" to it. By Invicta standards, I consider it downright conservative. I am considering putting one of these on it.

View attachment 1081968
That is a relatively low-key Invicta, and a good-looking one, too. I almost always swap out bracelets for straps, so I say go with the chunky leather. Tan (the redder the better) will look outstanding against the black case and dial--especially if you can find a black buckle.

M

member 119848

The first watch I ever owned looked similar to that. I think I got i for my fifth or sixth birthday. I like that they still make them almost the same after 40 or so years.
I had a similar watch too as a kid. There is reason to be nostalgic about these watches.
The F-91W was introduced in 1989 and still is the most produced watch in the world. It´s dependable, reliable, and cheap. It has all the functions that the average man needs, with a battery life of 7 years.
I like it very much, but my wife finds it ugly. :001_smile

Top Bottom