What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just can't take off the Apollo 15 moonwatch ...

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:detective: But Mike... your photo tells me you just did. Am I going crazy? :stuart:

Hairsplitter!

Obviously ... I meant ... the other watches are getting no wrist-time.

Seriously, a chrony is of no use unless you time A/C or fast cars. They were popular with wanna-bes (me!).

But the countdown HAND is super-useful as a mnemonic: set it as a 24-hour reminder. I'm finding it very useful that way - kind of a visual alarm.

Wish I had the "real" moonwatch, the Omega. But *so* spendy!

AA

Reactions: Cal
M

member 119848

Here is my Stowa Antea KS.
I´ve got slender (if not tiny) wrists.
Because of relative long lugs and thin bezel, this watch wears large for its size.
Does it look proportionate on me?
May be it´s just me but I find it a bit large on my wrists.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2d2.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2d6.jpg

M

member 119848

I think it looks fine. But then, I have really thin wrists.
You wear yours fine. Your Casio has a small "hour marker circle" relative to the case size. That makes balanced proportions.
Which model is it? Pretty cool.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You wear yours fine. Your Casio has a small "hour marker circle" relative to the case size. That makes balanced proportions.
Which model is it? Pretty cool.
Ha! It was brand new at a Goodwill store near my town. I bought it about 8 or 10 years ago for the Princely sum of $5 American!

I'm so lazy I only wear it in the summer so I don't have to change the time twice a year for daylight savings! For about 3 or 4 years it hasn't been changed, and it's about a minute slow.

The model number on the back is: 2790 in a box, and to the right of that is: LCF-30
15893912534495662294593266122289.jpg

There's something reassuringly dead honest about a Timex. No frou-frou. No pretensions. Just good day-in, day-out timekeeping.

My sentiments exactly. Perhaps Timex watches can't be repaired, but with luck you'll get a good one that just keeps running.

Last edited:
Top Bottom