What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I thought I was the only one who liked Vinyl. The critics hammered it.
I got about halfway through when I found out it wasn't renewed. I was like AGRRGGG!! I wouldn't have started watching it had I known that. I thought it was good. I liked it a lot. Maybe HBO thought they could only have one 70's centered show. So they picked The Deuce. Which is OK, but not great. I'd care less if it as canceled.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Deadwood ended to soon. And Luck. And Vinyl. All good shows with short seasons.
re deadwood
it felt like the writers literally wrote themselves into a corner and they just said F (orget) it . and ended it.

I wonder what is going to happen with GoT given that they are off script so to speak in that there are no more books....
maybe winter comes. everything freezes and fade to black ....

re deadwood
it felt like the writers literally wrote themselves into a corner and they just said F (orget) it . and ended it.

I wonder what is going to happen with GoT given that they are off script so to speak in that there are no more books....
maybe winter comes. everything freezes and fade to black ....
Allegedly, they got the end game straight from GRR Martin, so the big picture should be roughly the same. They are just going to arrive there via different paths.

I know what you mean about Deadwood. The first season was just dynamite, and the second season was great, too. The third season kinda lost the momentum. Supposedly the script for a "movie" is already written and in HBO's hands, so there may be hope yet.

axDEWwL_700b.jpg

Allegedly, they got the end game straight from GRR Martin, so the big picture should be roughly the same. They are just going to arrive there via different paths.

I know what you mean about Deadwood. The first season was just dynamite, and the second season was great, too. The third season kinda lost the momentum. Supposedly the script for a "movie" is already written and in HBO's hands, so there may be hope yet.

View attachment 849170
He would be a great add for Westworld. Hopkins, McShane, and Harris now that would be fun

My epiphany—Gendry isn’t Robert’s bastard son, he’s his true son.

Cersei was chatting with Caitlin Stark about how she lost her first born “black hair, looked just like his father...”

She claimed that a fever took him, but I think she just stashed him away as an orphan.

When Gendry was asked about his mother by Ned Stark, he said all he knew was that she had yellow hair and used to sing to him.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Maybe. But at this point I don't think he really matters. The writers are either going to have Jon & Danny give him a castle or they are going to kill him. No other reason to bring him back and have him get so close to Jon. Death is my vote.

Maybe. But at this point I don't think he really matters. The writers are either going to have Jon & Danny give him a castle or they are going to kill him. No other reason to bring him back and have him get so close to Jon. Death is my vote.
Death is always a safe bet.

I kinda doubt Cersei is Gendry's mother. That would make all the Maggie the frog lady stuff total hogwash, and they've invested a lot of time in that storyline. Plus, she did try to kill him and all, so...

Hmmm...I guess you’re right regarding Maggie.

Ah well...

And wasn’t it was Joffrey who tried to have him killed, not Cersei?

Top Bottom