What's new

Vintage Star blades by ASR

--Anyone know anything about these? I just received a pack from Gray Wolf that was special packaging for a "1 cent sale! Two 25 cent packs for 26 cents." Total of 20 blades in the original package. According to the packaging these are "The finest shaving edges modern science can perfect".

The front of the blade wrappers themselves say "Sealected" over "STAR double edge". On the back, they say
"Famous since 1880
Star Division
American safety razor corp.
Brooklyn 1, N.Y.
Made in U.S.A."

Does anyone know when these blades may have been manufactured?

Sorry, I can't post pics, as I still have no digital camera!:blush:

I'm glad you got them. Does anybody remember when we went from postal zones to zip codes? I'm thinking about 50 years ago, so the blades have to be older than that.

I'm glad you got them. Does anybody remember when we went from postal zones to zip codes? I'm thinking about 50 years ago, so the blades have to be older than that.
Gray Wolf, thank you so much for the blades. They're awesome! The packaging is pretty neat in that there's about 5 times as much cardboard as they actually needed to use to package 20 DE blades. If this was a current product, people would be pitching a fit about it being "wasteful".:001_rolle

That's a good point on the postal zones. I was wondering what the 1 after Brooklyn was, and I didn't even notice there was no zip code.:001_smile

Top Bottom