What's new

Vintage Pal Adjustable Stainless Steel Injector Razor

I have an offer in for one at the moment. I have a weakness for SS razors and have the Supply SS injector already, with all three adjustment pieces. Almost looks like it was styled after the Pal razor but being all stainless it is a full 4 ounces weight or over twice the weight of the Pal.

Vintage Pal Adjustable Stainless Steel Injector Razor

I been think of trying a injector razor ,I remember My Father having a few.
Just wondering if this might be a place to start. most of them look light and I figured this
being SS it might have some heft

Steve, did you ever find one?

seeing an update today reminded me... i had forgotten i was following this thread, because i also was interested in finding a PAL adjustable. i got this about a month ago.
$20161217_123149.jpg

Because of the number of razors I have in rotation, usually working on extending blade longevity, I've only had a baker's dozen worth of shaves with my Pal adjustable since July. But my last few have been better than average. There is a technique to using the Pal that I've had glimpses of, yet hope to master. I might need to spend a month saving with it exclusively.

One thing I've learned, I have no reason to go past setting II for a close, comfortable shave.

I used the pal adjustable today set in the middle with a chick blade. I find that this setting is perfect for me i get ccs i also fing gripping the razor is easy for me and i actually like the angled part of the handle it allows me to kind of pinch it betweeen two fingers and fits my technique very well that being said we all know ymmv. I like shaving with this razor for me it has been great.
$image.jpg

highspeed did you get one yet if so how are your shaves?

Hi [MENTION=110263]Deelyte[/MENTION], no I haven't gotten one yet but when I do I'll definitely post up some results.

Glad you're enjoying yours!

I thought I would resurrect this thread instead of posting a new one:

I finally got a PAL Adjustable, I really like the fit and feel of this Vintage razor. It has nice heft and the shave I obtained this morning was superb. I loaded the razor with a Chick blade that I had to put into a old PAL INJECTOR because the CHICK INJECTOR wouldn't fit into razor and I didn't want to force things and damage my new acquisition. I shaved with the razor set on the middle setting which I assume would be a 3 or 4 setting and again it was a wonderful shave. I didn't have any problems with the angle as I listened for the audible feedback and sure enough it was there performed my normal three pass shave WTG,XTG, AND ATG. I didn't experience any nicks, weepers or irritation whatsoever nothing but smooth shaving. I will take it out again in the morning and adjust it to see what type of results I get
View attachment 697016View attachment 697019

SMOOTH SHAVING:shaving:
I had the same problem. My Schick injector initially wouldn't eject the old blade in my PAL adjustable. Instead of loading a Schick blade in a PAL injector, I used the PAL injector (my PAL came with an injector and a period case) to partially eject the old blade and then removed the PAL injector. With the old blade partially out, the Schick injector worked fine: finished ejecting the old blade and installed a new Schick blade. The PAL adjustable looks cool and shaves wonderfully.

Top Bottom