What's new

Vintage Avon find

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
A full boxed 150ml Tai Winds; I have not seen this clear bottle before, the others I have seen are dark coloured.

20210914_113737.jpg

@FarmerTan I still haven’t tried these yet but I wanted to ask, are the Avon a/s products so revered because of their face feel and related properties or more for the scent(s)? I’m gonna go back today to see if they have any Tai Winds
Ok I found a thrift store that has a LOT of Avon with varying levels of fullness. I got some chess pieces that are NOS, and they had a few more NOS chess pieces as well. I will be back to look on the bottle bottoms for some Tai Winds.

View attachment 1329371View attachment 1329372

View attachment 1329373
(Photo is from the person who tipped me off).

@FarmerTan I still haven’t tried these yet but I wanted to ask, are the Avon a/s products so revered because of their face feel and related properties or more for the scent(s)? I’m gonna go back today to see if they have any Tai Winds
For me it's scent AND memory. My mom bought a lot of Avon in the 60s, 70s and 80s. I used Avon soaps, deodorants, powder, and aftershaves. I had a lot of Wild Country, Deep Woods, and Black Suede growing up. Plus comb and brush sets that looked like pocket knives, and floating Snoopy soap dishes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Both face feel and scent for me. Tai Winds and Blend 7 are neck and neck in the running for my favorite Avon scent.

IDK that Imperator bottle looks alot like one of the old Tribute bottles from the 60's. So, it could be that old.

The Avon game is one of trial and error, IMHO. All the research and recommends cannot make up for actual nose testing. I've had to go thru many a scent to find out which ones I like. And everyone's nose is unique.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Then you realize Everest exists and it's perfect when it's hot outside.

Actually, Everest is a product of further refining the Windjammer idea. It was an "aquatic" some 15 years before such a thing existed. Also, it's the only green-blue aftershave by Avon, as far as I know.

Everest today, and it was a great choice!

AA

Stumbled on to some Avon recently and I was down to 1 bottle of Everest and 1 Oland, visited a country flee market with some family members and acquired these full bottles for $2 to $3 each. Other than Oland and Everest these are all new to me.

Spicey
Leather
Tai Winds
Wild Country
Blend 7, 2 bottles
Everest
Oland

Attachments

• AvonStuff1.jpg
    AvonStuff1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Stumbled on to some Avon recently and I was down to 1 bottle of Everest and 1 Oland, visited a country flee market with some family members and acquired these full bottles for $2 to $3 each. Other than Oland and Everest these are all new to me.

Spicey
Leather
Tai Winds
Wild Country
Blend 7, 2 bottles
Everest
Oland
I LOVE Blend 7. Nothing else like it.

Top Bottom