What's new

Vintage Avon find

Newest find. Was checking out a antique/thrift store and found a large collection of Avon . I was hoping to find some Bay Rum, no luck. The Canon is the the first time I have found a full bottle of Blend 7, they only asked $4 per. So it came home with me.
IMG_20190907_074206.jpg

I just bought a bottle of island lime and spicy from the auction site. Hope they’re as good as people say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Newest find. Was checking out a antique/thrift store and found a large collection of Avon . I was hoping to find some Bay Rum, no luck. The Canon is the the first time I have found a full bottle of Blend 7, they only asked $4 per. So it came home with me.
View attachment 1014799

Nice! Blend 7 is great stuff.

I have an Avon Canon, but older, larger, has Leather.

AA

hmmm wasnt so impressed with the island lime. Have to try it a few more times but smelled kinda of artificial to me even though it was a NOS bottle with full box etc.

I like the spicy

Yeah, the Island Lime smells a bit medicinal initially, but warms up considerably once applied to my skin. If you end up not wanting it I'll take it! :smile:

Yeah, the Island Lime smells a bit medicinal initially, but warms up considerably once applied to my skin. If you end up not wanting it I'll take it! :smile:

Haha . Good recommendation. The first time I tested it was just a few drops on my arm . I shaved yesterday and applied it properly on my face and it did end up smelling better after a little while . It’s quite fleeting.

I’ll say it again I liked the spicy immediately . I’ve read Avon spicy is similar to vintage old spice .

shavefan

I’m not a fan
hmmm wasnt so impressed with the island lime. Have to try it a few more times but smelled kinda of artificial to me even though it was a NOS bottle with full box etc.

I like the spicy

I haven't tried their Island Lime yet but Spicy is a favorite of mine.

The iceberg and bear decanter is pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong - I love Avon Spicy. But during the summer months I tend to use more lime and bay rums splashes, as the desert heat makes "heavy" scents unbearable.
Of the limes I've tried (English Leather lime, OS lime, CC lime, and Avon Island lime) I like Avon the best. But the EL lasts the longest (not the lime component but the woody, grassy base note)

Sweet finds there .

I got a triple delivery today of vintage Avon products

1 . NOS never opened bay rum 8 Oz jug. I really like the smell of this one . Has a smooth opening . No strong clove smell. A lovely warm spicy scent. I just put it on so can’t say about longevity yet. I don’t know the ingredients . Does anyone know what they are ?

2. A double order in one auction. Avon Oland and Avon Wild country. Will test these later in the week.

Side question has anyone dared to mix Avon bay rum with Avon island lime ?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Sweet finds there .

1 . NOS never opened bay rum 8 Oz jug. I really like the smell of this one . Has a smooth opening . No strong clove smell. A lovely warm spicy scent. I just put it on so can’t say about longevity yet. I don’t know the ingredients . Does anyone know what they are ?

2. A double order in one auction. Avon Oland and Avon Wild country. Will test these later in the week.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Yes; I've mixed Avon BR and Lime ... Just try a dual splash and see!

Avon had a solid formula, lots of glycerin and alky. Simple and works.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Sweet finds there .

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Neat jug! I have the larger/older barrel!

AA

Yes; I've mixed Avon BR and Lime ... Just try a dual splash and see!

Avon had a solid formula, lots of glycerin and alky. Simple and works.

AA

Good ideal . I try the dual splash first and see how that goes . What did you think of the bay rum and lime mix ?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good ideal . I try the dual splash first and see how that goes . What did you think of the bay rum and lime mix ?

Well. I've been curious about the Bootlegger's Bay Rum Lime; this is an easy approximation.

Simultaneous scents!

AA

Top Bottom