What's new

Vintage Avon find

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A feminine scent Avon currently produces is "Haiku" that is my favorite on my the War Department.

Makes her smell MUCH less like Bigfoot, lol. Lovely stuff.

D2428FDB-D582-407A-9020-3E55D8535BA2.jpeg
Here’s the Avon female stuff my wife got all 1/2 full or better the big glass bottle with gold cap(right side bottom) is a after bath moonwind freshener she liked the other are all half full or better mostly 3/4 full to full she got: sonnet,bird of paradise, here’s my heart, sweet honesty, and charisma she did smell one roses roses but it had just a drop or 2 she liked it but didn’t get it

What’s funny she bought this on the same trip I bought the above one of the store owners asked if we were going to use the aftershaves and perfumes we said yes her reply was eww I wouldn’t do they the have to have gone bad and can’t be safe to use after all these years I made her smell a few of them and she was shocked how good they smelled lol

Last edited:
CD8F85C6-5CB2-4EB3-84FF-76F05E70C46F.jpeg
I picked these 3 bottles up a few moths ago in a local antique store the lion is 80%or better full of tribute. The boot is a spray bottle full of leather and the bucking bronco is 75% or better full of oland

All in all I have a good collection but want more scents

I need to pick up some blend 7 and Everest . I have quite a few already that I bought in the last few weeks

I have

Bay rum
Island lime
Spicy
Oland
Wild country
Tai wings
Deep woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gee, you have been on an aftershave aquisition binge lately! Regardless of what people in your life might tell you, there isn't anything wrong with that. Keep on.

Haha yeah i go on binges and then hibernate for years . I got into wet shaving 6 years ago and bought a lot of vintage Gillette safety razors and soaps etc . Then stopped for 5 years except to replace my blades. Then this year started up again with AS , soaps and cartridge razors .

Well I have enough to last me a long while

I gotta say I love vintage Avon bay rum
Look what arrived today

proxy.php

Smells sooooo good . I feel like it smells different to my 8 Oz jug bay rum .
The one below
proxy.php

Haha yeah i go on binges and then hibernate for years . I got into wet shaving 6 years ago and bought a lot of vintage Gillette safety razors and soaps etc . Then stopped for 5 years except to replace my blades. Then this year started up again with AS , soaps and cartridge razors .

Well I have enough to last me a long while

I gotta say I love vintage Avon bay rum
Look what arrived today

proxy.php

Smells sooooo good . I feel like it smells different to my 8 Oz jug bay rum .
The one below
proxy.php

I like that old bay rum bottle
I wanted this one to be full but alas it was empty
074FD617-ECED-4AEB-A55D-60D114CE499B.jpeg

Tai winds not wings lol

I just figured you had it confused with another fragrance - Buffalo Winds. lol

I do like Oland, Leather, and Spicy.
But I haven't read anybody talk about Bravo. That one has really won me over - and it's the one I have the least of. Gotta dig up some more.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just figured you had it confused with another fragrance - Buffalo Winds. lol

I do like Oland, Leather, and Spicy.
But I haven't read anybody talk about Bravo. That one has really won me over - and it's the one I have the least of. Gotta dig up some more.

Bravo rules!

Did you see my 1969 bottle? Got the Indian Penny and the Potbelly Stove, too.

An amazing, truly unique and funky scent. Tobacco and banana!

AA

Bravo rules!

Did you see my 1969 bottle? Got the Indian Penny and the Potbelly Stove, too.

An amazing, truly unique and funky scent. Tobacco and banana!

AA

Nice! I've come across several Pot Belly stove bottles recently but all of them were empty!

My current Bravo bottle is a US Mailbox. About half full now.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice! I've come across several Pot Belly stove bottles recently but all of them were empty!

My current Bravo bottle is a US Mailbox. About half full now.

When it comes to obscure Avon, do what I do: cheat. Cruise the bay. Its all there, and sometimes ridiculous cheap.

AA

I got all my Avon aftershaves off the bay and at what I consider reasonable prices if I was to compare $ per Oz with the newer artisan manufacturers .

Anyway I love Avon bay rum and I like citrus so last weekend I mixed up 1 part Avon bay rum with 1 part Avon island lime . Mixed it in a small glass bottle so that if it didn’t workout I wouldn’t lose much .

Let it sit for a week (shaking every evening)

Today I shaved with it .

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian lime cream followed by my blend .

The aftershave as expected starts off with the lime blast and then after maybe 20 min or so the bay rum starts to make it self noticed . The longevity of island lime is very good so I can still smell the lime but the bayrum is coming to the front .

I quite like it.
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I got all my Avon aftershaves off the bay and at what I consider reasonable prices if I was to compare $ per Oz with the newer artisan manufacturers .

Anyway I love Avon bay rum and I like citrus so last weekend I mixed up 1 part Avon bay rum with 1 part Avon island lime . Mixed it in a small glass bottle so that if it didn’t workout I wouldn’t lose much .

Let it sit for a week (shaking every evening)

Today I shaved with it .

Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian lime cream followed by my blend .

The aftershave as expected starts off with the lime blast and then after maybe 20 min or so the bay rum starts to make it self noticed . The longevity of island lime is very good so I can still smell the lime but the bayrum is coming to the front .

I quite like it.
proxy.php

I'm old, so I can't remember if I already reported this, but I casually mixed that combo in my hand and applied it to my face. Wonderful mix.

On a related note: I've patted myself on the back countless times here on the Forums for this, so I may as well do it again...... I took the stopper out of a dollar store clearance plastic bottle of Vijay Spice version and put about 20 drops of Bergamot essential oil in it. I have no idea how the India version of Old Spice Lime smells like, but my lovely War Department even tolerates my invention. As most of you know, she's harder to please than an IRS auditor, so that is HIGH praise indeed. I may make up a bunch, put it in fancy glass bottles, sell it to suckers, er, wet shavers and become richer than Jed Clampett.

I'm old, so I can't remember if I already reported this, but I casually mixed that combo in my hand and applied it to my face. Wonderful mix.

On a related note: I've patted myself on the back countless times here on the Forums for this, so I may as well do it again...... I took the stopper out of a dollar store clearance plastic bottle of Vijay Spice version and put about 20 drops of Bergamot essential oil in it. I have no idea how the India version of Old Spice Lime smells like, but my lovely War Department even tolerates my invention. As most of you know, she's harder to please than an IRS auditor, so that is HIGH praise indeed. I may make up a bunch, put it in fancy glass bottles, sell it to suckers, er, wet shavers and become richer than Jed Clampett.

I have some lime essential oil as well as some bergamot essential oil

I might try that actually .

I like decanting into the little bottles I have (as shown in the pic ) . They are 1 Oz glass bottles with orofice reducers . Easy way to experiment without ruining a whole bottle .

The reason why I put the combination in a bottle vs just splashing a bit of each on my palm was because I wanted to let the two blend and mix thoroughly in the bottle over 7 days . Similar to how you have to let bootleggers blends sit for a while before using them .

Ad Astra

The Instigator

I've experimented a bunch with EOs, and learned they only dissolve well in alky. Adding EOs to witch hazel, not so much ... Gotta shake before use, as with Oglalla Bay Rums. So adding to a mixed AS such as an Avon .... Depending on the alky level ... Might be an incomplete sublimation. Shake, shake, shake.

AA

I've experimented a bunch with EOs, and learned they only dissolve well in alky. Adding EOs to witch hazel, not so much ... Gotta shake before use, as with Oglalla Bay Rums. So adding to a mixed AS such as an Avon .... Depending on the alky level ... Might be an incomplete sublimation. Shake, shake, shake.

AA

Get a bottle of polysorbate-20 and add one drop for each drop of EO. It is an emulsifier and will let the EO blend into the alcohol-water mix.

I was at flea market yesterday and got a new boxed golf club filled with deep woods and a shuton old spice, from the 60s. Got both for $1, the old spice was full, bottle was a little marked up.

Top Bottom