What's new

Vintage Avon find

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Kids gave me the Alaskan Moose (Wild Country 8oz).

Think about it: Avon was entrepreneurship for women in the 1970s. Small business ownership with little risk. And though few women probably got rich selling the stuff, I bet it helped more than a few financially. Pretty neat, really.

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Kids gave me the Alaskan Moose (Wild Country 8oz).

Think about it: Avon was entrepreneurship for women in the 1970s. Small business ownership with little risk. And though few women probably got rich selling the stuff, I bet it helped more than a few financially. Pretty neat, really.

AA

Great Fathers Day gift, hard to beat 8oz of WC. Congrats!

Happy to pick this up fairly cheaply on the bay. Being in New Orleans it's special to have the steamboat Natchez.
20190629_152238.jpg
20190629_152304.jpg
And when you come visit be sure to take the brunch cruise on the Natchez. It's well worth it.

Found a weather station decanter for $2. The one with the red liquid thermometer on it? Only 1/3 remaining, but it was Leather, so I snagged it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
What I come away with after reading through much of this great thread is there just about wasn't anything Avon would not make as a container for their aftershave. Pretty cool.

What I come away with after reading through much of this great thread is there just about wasn't anything Avon would not make as a container for their aftershave. Pretty cool.
True--
In the 70'-90's a lot of companies were doing the figural/collector bottles, Avon just did it bigger. I remember as a 12 year old (1970! dang, I'm old!) getting a Snoopy Wild Country for Christmas and feeling really mature. Old Spice, Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Amway, and many other companies made cool bottles.
By the way, they are still making this one
Mesmerize Sports Car Decanter Cologne

Hi all,

Lookie WATT I found today for one dollar!

upload_2019-6-30_14-46-55.png

upload_2019-6-30_14-47-46.png

Now, all I need to do is find some "Wild Country" Cologne to fill this bottle. "CURRENTLY" (sorry I couldn't "RESIST") have any "Wild Country" Cologne or Aftershave. Perhaps if I see a bottle on Ebay, I'll "CHARGE" it! Sorry, ok I'm done.

SixCats!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hi all,

Lookie WATT I found today for one dollar!

View attachment 995149

View attachment 995150

Now, all I need to do is find some "Wild Country" Cologne to fill this bottle. "CURRENTLY" (sorry I couldn't "RESIST") have any "Wild Country" Cologne or Aftershave. Perhaps if I see a bottle on Ebay, I'll "CHARGE" it! Sorry, ok I'm done.

SixCats!

Wild Country is generally the easiest to find, Mr. Katz ...glad to see you getting energized from that one.

AA :001_tt2:

Hi @Ad Astra, @FarmerTan,

Thanks guys. AA, I'm glad to hear "Wild Country" is easy to find. Heck, I might even have some here somewhere.
That being said, there was just a little bit of "juice" in this "Fuse" bottle and FarmerTan, you are correct! I was sort of taken back by how GOOD this fragrance smelled! Funny, I seem to have a bottle "theme" happening here.
I'm shocked, shocked.....

upload_2019-6-30_19-21-48.png

SixCats!

Top Bottom