Staff member
4/30/22 Vintage SOTD

'34 Aristocrat
Feather
28mm Paladin
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

I wanted to end the vintage month with one of my favorite razors. It's one of my favorites because it's so smooth & efficient. It's not the smoothest nor the most efficient Gillette razor in my den. That distinction belongs to my RFB's. But the '34 Aristocrat is my preferred razor due to its place in history.

Thank you @never-stop-learning for starting this thread & encouraging many of us to either discover, or re-discover, the marvelous razors of the past.

'34 Aristocrat
Feather
28mm Paladin
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla
View attachment 1448352

David (@never-stop-learning),
View attachment 1448383
It's been a fun month! :clap:

Final Vintage April 2022 SOTD
H-SOTD-B_2022-04-30.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Hybrid Tech GT
Blade: RK Stainless (2)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An OK shave.
The second round with the RK blade wasn't so good.
I'll load up with one of my benchmark Personna Red blades next shave to check it's not me (that's only just OK). :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
@dmshaver @Cal - You are very welcome, my friends. :)

We will definitely do Vintage April 2023! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Last Shave of Vintage April 2022
20220430_131329~2.jpg

Razor: Swing DE (Sweden) (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods
Fragrance: Bourbon by B&BW EdT Spray
20220430_131417~2.jpg

Superb vintage razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11750626

Last edited:
Well Vintage Shavers, I’m sad. It’s over and I finished with a less than perfect shave. The last in my order of vintage Gillettes was a 1969 Gold Super Adjustable 109. It’s pretty. But it doesn’t shave great for me. I’m confident now my technique is the problem. So, with much sadness, I’m selling off my DE razor collection and going back to electric shavers. But here’s a parting picture:
98D1E457-62A9-432F-95A1-359EBFBE3473.jpeg

April Fools!

Great shaves to y’all!

Curly

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well Vintage Shavers, I’m sad. It’s over and I finished with a less than perfect shave. The last in my order of vintage Gillettes was a 1969 Gold Super Adjustable 109. It’s pretty. But it doesn’t shave great for me. I’m confident now my technique is the problem. So, with much sadness, I’m selling off my DE razor collection and going back to electric shavers. But here’s a parting picture:View attachment 1448438
April Fools!

Great shaves to y’all!

Curly
Had me going.....Good thing I had my ACME Defibrillator all charged up and ready to go. ;) 🤣

Vintage April: Shave 28

Flare Tip Super Speed
Feather Hi Stainless (5)
Soap Commander Integrity
Semogue boar brush

1651371529100.png

Winding up this month's shaving adventure with another of my favorites, my 1964 Flare Tip. Of course a spectacular shave!

I ended up using 25 vintage razors this month for 28 shaves. That's my whole collection, maybe except for the Durham Duplex. I don't have decent blades for that one.

Final shave during April Vintage.
I saw so many Gillettes that I felt I should shave with one at least once.
Looking at this razor, I expected an aggressive shave, which I like.
Unfortunately: the shave was adequat, but rather mild.
I did enjoy the idea this razor survived about a century and was once used by a fellow shaver long perished.
Out of respect for the razor I will speak nothing bad about it. My disappointment is solely based on my own preference.
At least I have used a vintage Gillette once. You might say every member here should do the same.
I have no idea which model this is, because I could not find an old type head with this handle. Input is welcome. Should anyone desire this razor, send a PM and it's yours. For free.

A88CDABD-4C22-42C1-9ACD-158B28C049F5.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread! Thank you, David!!!

Shaved with a different vintage Gillette each day for 30 days. Here’s what I learned:
I don’t know much.
My technique needs work.
Blade selection for specific razors is important.
Bunch of really cool vintage razors still in use.
Great bunch of folks to learn from.
Don’t bleed on your wife’s white bath towels.
Don’t shave drunk.

Happy Shaves, Y’all! See you next year and elsewhere here.

Curly

I shaved this morning with the Wardonia bakelite razor kindly given to me in this thread by @Jack Goossen

I easily trimmed the holes of a Nacet DE blade to fit the Wardonia pins. As Jack had said, it is a mild razor, took some buffing to get a good shave. But what a beautiful razor set it is. I forgot to include the original cardboard box in the picture but it is mint. 11 days postal service from the Netherlands to North Carolina USA was not too bad. Thank you again Jack!

20220510_055642.jpg

I shaved this morning with the Wardonia bakelite razor kindly given to me in this thread by @Jack Goossen

I easily trimmed the holes of a Nacet DE blade to fit the Wardonia pins. As Jack had said, it is a mild razor, took some buffing to get a good shave. But what a beautiful razor set it is. I forgot to include the original cardboard box in the picture but it is mint. 11 days postal service from the Netherlands to North Carolina USA was not too bad. Thank you again Jack!

View attachment 1453344
most welcome.
glad you like it 👍🏽

Top Bottom