What's new

Vintage April 2022

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
We did two weeks of vintage DE razors in 2021. What say you we go for the gusto and dedicate the entire month of April for vintage razors of all types, DE & SE! :)

As we did last year, let's define 'vintage' as any DE or SE razor manufactured 1970 or earlier.

Beginning on 4/1, I'll start posting my vintage DE & SE shaves to this thread. If you would like to do so, please feel free to post your vintage shaves and comments.

Have Fun and Happy Shaves. :cool:

Edited to change the cutoff date to 1970. :)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I don't use my vintage often, anymore. I certainly enjoy them, so I'm going to give this Vintage April a go! Thank you, David, for posting.
Thank you for participating, my friend! :)

I was hoping we'd see you wielding those lovely NEW RFBs. 😍

Hi,

I use vintage exclusively. I have nothing even as new as 1970. I think the newest one is my Dad's post-war Tech. And, I only use that on special days, such as his birthday (May 6). Most of the time, I use my Fasan Double Slant. I have both a pre-war, or maybe even wartime one and a post-war one. So newest is 1950s. Everything else is older, all the way back to an Old Type Thin, which was my Grandfather's.

My daily stuff. The Lady Gillette is my wife's, so doesn't count for me, but still older than 1970.

The heirloom collection. The OT was my Grandfather's, the other three were my Dad's.

And, my Open Comb collection.

So, I'm good. :)

Stan

Thinking about this. Although I have 6 vintage razors I normally only use 2 of them in my normal rotation because I enjoy the shave they give (a Slim and a New SC). But I did just buy a Lady Gillette Saturday night on the BST for my wife. If she'll let me try it once or twice I might be in. A month to neglect my Razorock, Rockwell, Muhle, and Merkur is a long time though. LoL

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thinking about this. Although I have 6 vintage razors I normally only use 2 of them in my normal rotation because I enjoy the shave they give (a Slim and a New SC). But I did just buy a Lady Gillette Saturday night on the BST for my wife. If she'll let me try it once or twice I might be in. A month to neglect my Razorock, Rockwell, Muhle, and Merkur is a long time though. LoL
Looking forward to your vintage shaves in April. :)

Top Bottom