What's new

Vaseline Works

I've been having some issues with the areas directly under my nose and beneath my lower lip getting really red after shaving, being very irritated, and overall just being a pain. I felt it was due to dry skin that the shaving soap/cream and act of shaving was making worse. I've had it for months.

A few days ago, it was particularly bad even at night. I decided to put some vaseline on those parts to make it feel better. Sure enough, the next morning those two areas were noticeably less red, and I got zero razor burn or irritation after the shave.

I've been using it every night since, and now the area isn't even a little red. For all of you who have dry sensitive skin, try putting vaseline on the areas before you go to bed (it's too shiny and "greasy" to use during the day). I've also read that despite it's greasiness, it's actually non-comdegenic.

I sometimes get irritation in the corners of my mouth too. I use the vaseline on the entire "goatee" area and even my lips at night. It's really helped a lot.

Man maybe I will have to go out and buy myself a little tub then...

Doesn't it get in your mouth though? Bleck lol.

Yep, Vaseline is great. Especially a very thin layer right after you shower and dry off with a towel. You skin is still moist, so if you apply a thin layer, it will seal in the moisture and force your skin to drink water. When you do that, you don't get that sticky feeling, since you are only using a very thin layer. Another name for it is petrolatum, you will see that as an ingredient in many moisturizers. It is really the main ingredient thats doing the job. You can also put in a thin layer with your after shave, mix it in the palm of your hand and then onto your face, because most ASBs are not moisturizing.

To bad my problem area is the coners of my mouth :frown:

put it in there and some just outside the area just before ya go to bed and in the morning when you wake up or next morning after it will be gone.

it's the best for those dry knuckles in winter too.

dr kenno.

I once spent a week out in the dry, dry West and I felt like I needed a glass of water every five minutes. I'm thankful that I live in Florida, where Mother Nature holds a blanket of 100% humidity on my skin all year long, except for maybe two weeks a year when it actually gets below freezing in the Panhandle.

When I saw a title such as Vaseline Works, I thought "good grief, do I really want to look into that thread..." :tongue_sm

Joke aside, perhaps I should try this for my lower neck where I get easily irrirated after shaving. Sometimes, it is still somewhat red when going to bed. Perhaps Vaseline can help.

Would Vaseline work as an alternative to soap /cream? I've never owned any because I'll be damned if I ask for some in a store.:eek:

I would never try that. Vaseline is sticky and greasy. It cannot be easily rinced off. I think it would just clog the razor big time. Yuck.

Would Vaseline work as an alternative to soap /cream? I've never owned any because I'll be damned if I ask for some in a store.:eek:

You don't ask for it, you pick it up off of the shelf and buy it.

K-Y Jelly's probably a better shaving lubricant and washes off more easily. :smile:

Try something like Udderly Smooth sometimes known as boob butter it's for moisturizing cow udders you can find it in some drug stores and I get it at Wally World you should find it with the lotions I get dry patches in the winter and this is the only stuff that works it's completely invisible and non-greasy

R

rainman

I prefer using the vaporub. It is vaseline but also contains menthol. Go to a dollar store and get the generic brand. Same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lo'Tek

Sounds good mate.

May also want to look into Palma Cristy Caster Oil, the healing properties are a step above petrolium.

Top Bottom