What's new

VACUUM / SIPHON brewing

Anyone use a vacuum / siphon brewer ? The antique pots are really beautiful , the modern Yama stove top is not quite as pretty but gets good reviews and is cheap . 5 cups is a little large though . Any thoughts on this method ?
yama 5 cup.jpg
IMG_1088 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1092.JPG
Web_1500-sea-coffee-siphon-group-shot-jesse-raub-01-0de0ffe65e414cc8a84b592635f91f13.jpg
0000006_siphon-coffee_550.jpeg

I have a couple vacuum post in stainless , one my Mom used for years and one I picked up at a yard sale, 1950s vintage.

They work well, but I haven't used them for a while, easier to switch on the drip maker on the way to the shower.

I've gotten very lazy. My wife now makes our coffee while I stay on bed.

The only coffee devices used now are Forte-BG (pre-set to weight and grind) and a Moccamaster.

Haven't had coffee made any other way in years now.

I have a few older vacuum pots, an electric Sunbeam automatic brewer and two glass Silex pots. I don't use the Sunbeam much, because the timer/thermostat seems to be a bit erratic and I don't think it's worth using manually. I do, however, use the glass pots fairly regularly; I don't think they are particularly hard to clean, especially when using the glass Cory filter rods. (Certainly no worse than cleaning a French press.)
Once you are dialed in with the vacuum pot, it provides excellent coffee; more so with the glass rod filter, in my opinion, than with the cloth covered ceramic discs.
coffee_pots.jpg

Top Bottom