What's new

Unknown Open Comb - Thought I'd Seen Them All

Was just watching an auction on ebay; a mixed lot of DE razors that featured this unusual open comb:

$Picture 1.jpg

The build quality looks fantastic. I'm almost sure it's of brass construction, and the way the cap covers the razor blade tabs reminds me of the Barbasol razors. Similarly, like a Barbasol razor, it appears to be a two-piece razor. Profile of the base-plate reminds me of the Fatip.

$Picture 2.jpg

I almost bid on it, but didn't. I'd like to hear about this one if anyone knows what it is.

Last edited:
I have one ,great shaver mid aggressive .It is a two piece built like the old Permedge mine has no markings .I've posted pics before and no one has identified the razor

Glenn

I think I may have the answer to this mystery ,I recently obtained a Barbasol FH and in reading the Barbasol thread I discovered that the Barbasol was made by Conrad and they talked about the Good Humor and Hallmark being from the same manufacturer . Decided to Google Image the Conrad razor to see the varieties they manufactured and up popped this image .I have one of these and it has been driving me crazy to find out what it is .It is a two pc and the head/handle attachment is similar to my Barbasol so compared the caps and they are identical and I switched the caps and they are perfect fits on the mystery razor and the Barbasol .

Glenn

proxy.php

Top Bottom