What's new

Pearl Hammer All Brass CNC Razor.

Just saw this pop up in one of my emails from Maggard Razors. It's a new razor or new to me at least from Pearl Razors. It's called the Hammer and is constructed of all Brass via CNC. Two heads come with the razor, an open & closed comb head. Don't know the specific shaving attributes of it concerning blade gap or exposure but, it caught my interest and for $44, I took a flyer on it plus Maggard has an additional 11% off code site wide, so I picked the trigger. Won't be able to try it out until next month as I'm in a fixed shave event for March but, thought I'd start a thread on it for those interested and might even pick one up.

Pics & a few details below.

Pearl-Shaving-Hammer-Open-Comb-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-1_994x994.jpg

Pearl-Shaving-Hammer-Open-Comb-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-2_994x994.jpg

Pearl-Shaving-Hammer-Open-Comb-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-3_994x994.jpg

Pearl-Shaving-Hammer-Open-Comb-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-4_994x994.jpg

Pearl Shaving "Hammer" DE Safety Razor

100% Brass CNC Machined Razor, matte finish.

Included in box:

• 1 - Handle
  • 2 - Baseplates, both open and closed comb
  • 1 - Pack of Silvermax DE blades 10 pcs
  • 1 - Pkg. of nylon washers 6 pcs
  • 1 - Micro Fiber Cloth
  • 1 - Instruction booklet plus premium packaging
Razor Type: Double Edge Razor

Total Height: 108.76mm

Total Weight: 136g

Handle Height: 99.81mm

Handle Weight: 86g

Razor Head Weight (Top cap & Baseplate): Closed Comb 44g - Open Comb 44g

Nice looking razor. $44 is dirt cheap for an all brass razor.

For what the pics represent, it looks like a well made razor at an extremely affordable price point for practically two razors.

Hopefully, someone or a few gents will pick one up and get some reviews and thoughts in on it as I won't be able to do a thing until April. I took an oath for the Fixed Four Event and I'm sticking to it.*

* Side note: I have been known to succumb to using new and shiny shave gear in the past so, I put nothing past myself. Just wanted to be upfront and show some transparency.

Yes, I'm a new gear shave addict....:letterk1:

Perhaps but, for the low cost of entry one could always install one's own handle and fix that aesthetic.

I never really cared about the stock handles of most razors. Some are too thick, too long, too heavy or they lack good grip texture. An ugly handle would never stop me from buying a razor, but I always prefer just to buy only the head if it's possible.

I never really cared about the stock handles of most razors. Some are too thick, too long, too heavy or they lack good grip texture. An ugly handle would never stop me from buying a razor, but I always prefer just to buy only the head if it's possible.
I am actually the opposite. In most cases I will use a razor with its own handle. But, just like you, buying a head only is definitely preferable for me.

pearl razors have always interested me. I know they are an indian brand. how do they compare to parker? I recently bought a pearl l55 (closed comb) in antique brass. Handle is brass, head is zinc alloy. anyone try this particular razor? the handle is heavy and very beautiful. Have not shaved with it yet, but any reviews on this particular razor would be much appreciated.

pearl razors have always interested me. I know they are an indian brand. how do they compare to parker? I recently bought a pearl l55 (closed comb) in antique brass. Handle is brass, head is zinc alloy. anyone try this particular razor? the handle is heavy and very beautiful. Have not shaved with it yet, but any reviews on this particular razor would be much appreciated.
I have been a Pearl fan for a long time. It doesn't mean I wouldn't mention their QC issues.
To answer your first question. Don't know what you meant by the comparison with Parker. Both brands are not exactly top quality. I have more Pearls than Parkers. Love the 3-piece Parkers. But how a razor shaves is very subjective.

Regarding the L-55 you bought. Is it the open comb or the closed comb L-55?
In the recent years Pearl made all of their 3 piece razors (OC and CC) milder by reducing gap and exposure. Parker did the same thing with their 3-piece closed combs. So, if you bought your L-55 in the last 2-3 years it is the milder head.

I have been a Pearl fan for a long time. It doesn't mean I wouldn't mention their QC issues.
To answer your first question. Don't know what you meant by the comparison with Parker. Both brands are not exactly top quality. I have more Pearls than Parkers. Love the 3-piece Parkers. But how a razor shaves is very subjective.

Regarding the L-55 you bought. Is it the open comb or the closed comb L-55?
In the recent years Pearl made all of their 3 piece razors (OC and CC) milder by reducing gap and exposure. Parker did the same thing with their 3-piece closed combs. So, if you bought your L-55 in the last 2-3 years it is the milder head.
closed comb is what I bought.

Top Bottom