What's new

Pearl Hammer All Brass CNC Razor.

Damn me kings of shaves, now I have to buy a Hammer too.

I'm really into efficient razors, however till now I only got aggressive ones, that can tear up your skin.

Time for something different.
Your evaluations are really excellent 👌💯

I have this handle too.

Do you think the razor shaves better with the SK on?
I shaved with the Hammer quite often. One thing I've discovered is although I like the looks of the handle, I really don't like shaving with it. I swapped it out for a RR Super Knerlled handle which is perfect for me.

For those that have both: I am curious about how the Hammer compares with the Blaze. (I have the Blaze and I think it's really very good!)

I bought the hammer a few months ago, used it twice and didn't really care for it to be honest. I used it tonight and had an INCREDIBLE SHAVE WITH IT. I like the looks of the handle it comes with, but I don't like holding it as it does not have a good grip to me. I swapped the handle out with the razorock barberpole handle and paired it with the pearl hammer head. Nice heavy razor with a VERY GOOD GRIP. The hammer is pretty aggressive to me. Use a light touch as I did and I believe you will be rewarded with a very close and nick free shave. I did 3 passes. I'll stick with 2 from now on with this razor head because it is aggressive to be sure. let the weight of the head do the work and it shouldn't be a problem for you. I have used the open comb hammer plate and I think it's less aggressive than the closed comb plate. Others have said the same thing. Don't be like me where you use it once or twice and decide you don't like it and put it away to collect dust. Give the razor a chance with a couple of shaves using it. USE A LIGHT TOUCH and use a grippy stainless steel handle if you have one.

Thanks to the BST, I now have the Hammer. I am pairing it with the Maggard MR12 matte silver handle and will give it a try tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how it compares with the Blaze!

So I used the Hammer for the first time this morning...

Razor: Pearl Hammer (with Maggard MR12 handle)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Pre-shave: Vikings Blade pre-shave cream
Lather: WSP "Blackbeard" soap
Aftershave: Nivea "Sensitive Cool" balm

So far I like this razor: Very good efficiency and no irritation. At first guess I would say it might be a little more efficient than the Blaze. Both are good razors for me.

I have used the Hammer twice, and so far it seems quite good for my face and technique. So far I have used only the safety bar rather than the open comb plate. I'll try the OC another day. Seems to be quite a bargain!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have used the Hammer twice, and so far it seems quite good for my face and technique. So far I have used only the safety bar rather than the open comb plate. I'll try the OC another day. Seems to be quite a bargain!
You might be surprised by the OC. I find it smoother that the SB.

I normally don't prefer OC razors because I don't like the feel of the "teeth" on the skin. The FOCS is an exception to this for me because the "teeth" are "rounded off" rather nicely. I'll try the Hammer OC plate and see if we get along.

I used the OC plate this morning. It was similar in efficiency to the SB but did not seem as comfortable to me, which doesn't surprise me too much. The Hammer is a great value because it comes with both!

Top Bottom