What's new

Unexpectedly one of the best Shaving Soaps Available

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Guess I'm going to have to throw all of my Harris, Trumper, Penhaligons, and AoS in the trash. My trash man is in for a treat.

Seriously, we're all very glad you found something you enjoy. Good for you. But to come onto the largest shaving site in the world and immediately make broad pronouncements is downright silly. Furthermore, for eight of your first fifteen posts to be about the same product smells funny.

So please- post about something else. Whether you are or not, please understand that your posting makes you look like a shill.

Last edited:
I counted 6.. but I fail to see how anyone posting here about a product by such a huge international company, even if they had some connection, could possibly expect to have any impact on sales. If every single person on here ran out and bought the product it wouln't even be a blimp on their radar. I'm pretty much a new guy myself so YMMV but I see almost every post about creams and soaps get the exact same response from the same folks and they are for a small mom/pop operations which would seem more suspicious to me. Hate seeing new guys get the beatdown.. Posting in the thread and moving back to the top instead of ignoring it and letting it float to page 2 seems to defeat the purpose.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I counted 6.. but I fail to see how anyone posting here about a product by such a huge international company, even if they had some connection, could possibly expect to have any impact on sales. If every single person on here ran out and bought the product it wouln't even be a blimp on their radar. I'm pretty much a new guy myself so YMMV but I see almost every post about creams and soaps get the exact same response from the same folks and they are for a small mom/pop operations which would seem more suspicious to me. Hate seeing new guys get the beatdown.. Posting in the thread and moving back to the top instead of ignoring it and letting it float to page 2 seems to defeat the purpose.

I think it's pretty clear when I post as a member and when I post as a moderator. When I post as a member, feel free to tell me to go scratch myself, and I'll take it in stride. When I post with the mod hat on, if you're going to inject yourself into the debate, please get your facts straight. The op makes entries in posts #1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, and 16. That's seven, so you're wrong. But am I wrong? No. You can't see the eigth post (a virtual duplicate of this thread that was deleted). The point is that a new guy shows up and over half of his posts are gushing over a single product. It doesn't matter if he's the CEO of the corporation or the brother-in-law of a clerk at a cosmetics counter. We treat representatives of Gillette, AoS, or brush companies the same way. My comments were made to him, not you, to reflect on the appearance of his posting.

We welcome the newbie and any experience they bring to the site. We only ask that they temper their exuberence when commenting on specific products in view of the most knowledgeable audience anywhere.

excuse me.. but I would have thought if you wanted to communicate with him as an official of the site a PM would have been the better option. only bullies and people on power trip like to spank people in front of a crowd. since I suspect this may be my last post.. all these kids asking which finger to dip cream from a tub with are getting boring anyways. bye

I think it's pretty clear when I post as a member and when I post as a moderator. When I post as a member, feel free to tell me to go scratch myself, and I'll take it in stride. When I post with the mod hat on, if you're going to inject yourself into the debate, please get your facts straight. The op makes entries in posts #1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, and 16. That's seven, so you're wrong. But am I wrong? No. You can't see the eigth post (a virtual duplicate of this thread that was deleted). The point is that a new guy shows up and over half of his posts are gushing over a single product. It doesn't matter if he's the CEO of the corporation or the brother-in-law of a clerk at a cosmetics counter. We treat representatives of Gillette, AoS, or brush companies the same way. My comments were made to him, not you, to reflect on the appearance of his posting.

We welcome the newbie and any experience they bring to the site. We only ask that they temper their exuberence when commenting on specific products in view of the most knowledgeable audience anywhere.

proxy.php

excuse me.. but I would have thought if you wanted to communicate with him as an official of the site a PM would have been the better option. only bullies and people on power trip like to spank people in front of a crowd. since I suspect this may be my last post.. all these kids asking which finger to dip cream from a tub with are getting boring anyways. bye

This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby. Take it down a notch, friend.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. Was in the store and checked it out, and it is intended for shaving, sure. But the smell was not particularly pleasant, like the rest of the Shiseido men's line.. maybe ill try it we'll see.

The Shiseido Shaving cream that was mentioned above is not a foaming cream.

Thanks anyway for the advice and your experience!

This cream may or may not be good--I haven't found any Japanese shaving creams that are really remarkable. For the most part thin, brushless creams and anemic gells. To be fair, I haven't tried this one yet, so it might be the game changer. However, Shiseido does make some outstanding aftershaves. Bravas, MG5, Auselese, Paradigm, Vintage and, my new favorite, Tactics are all really nice. Check out the Wiki...

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Shiseido

...and a million threads in the aftershave forum.

Top Bottom