What's new

Ultimate Karve Buyers' Guide

I asked Chris that ? And he recommended 3 after looking at my face.
The one thing I don't like is the deal with the plates. Everyone is different. A endless question. If you bought all the plates you can go back and forth forever changing plates. I'd rather get a adjustable. Or if a old type works for you just get a old type. If you had one razor you would learn to use it. If you fell into the rabbit hole that is a different issue.
Remember. Guns do not kill people razors do. Just picture the headlines " California Man had a stash of 40 razors and thousands of deadly blades" It was clear he hated beards and had issues. California banned razor blades 4 years ago after a deadly attack. A local man shaved 21 snowflakes and clipped their man buns.
That's why a Parker Varent was actually in the running when I was looking for a razor. Crazy to compare the Parker with the Karve... but there it is. If the Karve does what I love as well as a R41 and smoother than a 41, my quest will be over. But I doubt it. That said - I got a birth-year slim coming in - maybe that'll do.

If the Karve does what I love as well as a R41 and smoother than a 41, my quest will be over. But I doubt it.

I'm a big R41 fan - I like efficient razors. It was a toss-up between a Karve D/E/F OC and a Timeless Bronze OC .78 and I chose the Bronze. I'm very happy with it, but with a lighter titanium handle.

So how do the D/E/F OC plates compare with the Bronze and the R41?

I'm a big R41 fan - I like efficient razors. It was a toss-up between a Karve D/E/F OC and a Timeless Bronze OC .78 and I chose the Bronze. I'm very happy with it, but with a lighter titanium handle.

So how do the D/E/F OC plates compare with the Bronze and the R41?
A lot of people have been asking that - I'm going to start a post about it. But I have to get more experience with the Karve first. As in get one lol!! Mine should be this week.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good thread on blade gaps, Even if the gaps are identical you still can have a different shave feel and the reason for this would be cap thickness or the safety bar is different dimensions to compared razor. That would make the aggressiveness different IMO.
Safety_Razor_Parameters_around_Blade_Cutting_Edge (1).jpg

Great chart by @ShavingByTheNumbers and there could be updated chart also.
Have some great shaves!

Just ordered Karve’s new Gladius handle which I saw at the NY Shave meet up 2 weeks prior. It’s brass and similar yet slightly different from the current one.

Well I personally am looking forward to giving my “standard” Karve CB a go once it arrives but this does sound pretty intriguing. It makes his planned aluminum version seem almost bread stick light!

More options!
Right! Seriously, options are fun, albeit confusing sometimes.

I loved my Rose-gold handled R41 so well, I went over to Maggards and bought an extra R41 head and one of their bulldog handles for no other reason than redundancy. The handle is a fatty, fat, fat with some serious heft! I freaking LOVE it in the hand, but man, when I went to shave, it completely threw me for a loop! That added weight made blades that i loved in my Rose-gold handled 41, all but violent in my Maggard equipped one. Man! It was a whole new learning curve - it was like having a whole new razor altogether.

What I'm excited the most about with my soon to be Karve, is actually being able to swap out some open comb action in the razor if it turns out I like it. That'll be fun too. Man, open comb and heavy handle... that'll be killer I'd imagination lol!

Top Bottom