What's new

Ultimate Karve Buyers' Guide

I really like my Karve (plates OCB and SBe). I also bought a Raw rs-10 recently, so not sure I'm in the market for a new ss head, but I look forward to reading the reviews.

Which SB plate would you guys recommend if I want something that shaves closer than my ikon x3 but has less blade feel than my 37C?

Anyone have/use a Charcoal Goods Handle (M5 x 0.8mm thread) with a Karve (#10-32 thread) by chance? I was going to buy the plates only and use it with my CG handle. Curious if there are any compatibility issues. Thanks.

Anyone have/use a Charcoal Goods Handle (M5 x 0.8mm thread) with a Karve (#10-32 thread) by chance? I was going to buy the plates only and use it with my CG handle. Curious if there are any compatibility issues. Thanks.

M5 is a looser thread than 10-32 so generally M5 handles fit on 10-32 heads. Doesn't work so well the other way around - putting a 10-32 handle on a M5 head can jam up and shouldn't be forced. Fortunately, since almost all handles are now M5, very few people want to do that.

M5 is a looser thread than 10-32 so generally M5 handles fit on 10-32 heads. Doesn't work so well the other way around - putting a 10-32 handle on a M5 head can jam up and shouldn't be forced. Fortunately, since almost all handles are now M5, very few people want to do that.

Great! Thanks. I should be good to go then. I’ll save the $55.00 on the handle. My CG handle appears that it will be a better grip, despite it not necessarily matching the Karve base plate/cap in color.

The Karve handle is very nice! But my CG Torpedoe handle fits the Karve head just fine, and I think is slightly heavier. I agree, once you've got a few handles there isn't much need to buy more.

I wish all the heads and base plates were compatible too! I tried to mix and match my 41 and my Karve. The holes on my 41 are slightly too small. Sigh.

If a SS version does ever come, I’m getting one just so I can “mix and match” lol.

D43DD1DE-C4C1-4E33-99F6-41354E46EBF1.jpeg
Well yesterday I ordered the A and B OC plates to go along with the B, C and D SB plates I already have. As I was mentioning to @Earcutter this is a birthday gift which was a super deal but will not debut until October! Oh well...I will read with delight but my R41 will keep me company until then.

Top Bottom