What's new

Ugly Rash from MdC. Any Ideas Why?

I will add my name to the list of people who have had uncomfortable shaves with MdC. I have zero problem with tallow soaps, but non-tallow soaps seem to cause a problem. The MdC whips up into a nice lather but just sitting on my face (unscented, which does have scent) I start feeling a burn. I stopped using the MdC (I used it for a week) and for a few days used B&M Latha. I had zero burn/irritation. Then went back to the MdC and the burn was back. It's unfortunate (a birthday gift from my wife) but will need to stop using it. I've read and appreciated everyone's ideas, but when I can use soaps like B&M, Tabac and vintage tallow-based soaps with zero issue, it's just not worth it to fuss with the MdC. I'd love to have the great results others have had. Perhaps someone has a new idea (or has the formula changed)? Thanks in advance.

A while ago I had ordered MdC Fougere. It caused severe burning and I ended up selling it here. For some reason I recently decided to give the unscented version a try thinking it was sensitivity to the fragrance that previously caused the burn. Unfortunately, even the unscented version causes pretty severe burning. What a bummer! I wish I searched for this thread before making the purchase. I wonder if the list of ingredients on the packaging is accurate.

Top Bottom