What's new

Two high end choice what would you choose why?

So to be honest I am sore of enamored with the look, and design of what I will call the Crown Handle of the Timeless, and Wolfman Razors. No particular order just how I typed.

If you could choose Brand "T" v/s Brand WM. What you be your reason for your choice of WolfMan v/s Timeless. No battles USA, v/s Canada, as we should all get along.

Both Razor I like Visual look of, why you owners like one band v/s other. Fit, Finish, Tollorences, Performance, or Attention to detail. Sort of like going to Penske Auto Mall to look at high end cars, in excess of 300K, most look like the builders cared more then your average mass produced model.

Hope by time I make it back on forum, I will have some good answered. Heading down town to my place I call land of enchantment #1, and #2. Two is better.

I don’t have a fabulous reason for you, but I have looked at the Timeless. That said, I like the idea of small shops with the sole proprietor kind of thing. Wolfman is sorta a one-man-band.

I have a Wolfman I bought on the forum and another on order. Haven’t ordered a Timeless and not sure I will.

Also, if you really LOVE the Crown, you can sub it in to a Wolfman head. Can’t remember who, but there’s one cat around here with a Ti Wolfman using the Ti Crown handle.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’ve already admitted, I have 6 Timeless Ti Crown handles. I also have matching razor stands for them all. I don’t own a Timeless razor head. I don’t own one because of what I’ve read here. I’m not suggesting they aren’t fabulous for some people but for whatever reason, I think those who love them have better technique than I do and prefer more efficient razors.

I do have a Wolfman WR2 in bronze. I ordered two handles with it that both have similar weights as the Ti Crown. I love the design of the Darwin handle and love both the look and feel of the 3/7 90mm hollow. I went with the standard gap of 0.95 and it suits my face and whiskers well. Lots of people here need the customer gaps James offers. It’s pretty cool he builds what his customers want.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Plain DEs don't spin my hat and neither company makes a slant. However, I also have a minor fascination with Gem format even though it never seems to perform as well for me. I keep thinking I might go in for a Wolfman WR3, but then I remember the last higher end Gem format razor I bought (for about half that much money). It was OK but I had struggles.

I get all wrapped around the axle on stuff like that; just how I am. Then I pull out my $2.50 Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher and it gives me a lovely shave and I decide I don't need to spend 140 times that much for another Gem format razor.

Nothing against a custom! I just keep not opening that door.

O.H.

I do not have a Timeless, so cannot compare.

The Wolfman SS WR1 SB/WRH1 handle proved to be my ‘destination’ razor!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Hi everyone, very interesting topic. I have not had the chance to try one of them and I've heard pro and cons about the two brands. I can't help with the question but I will add one.
Where can we find pictures of the WR1 and 3?
They display the WR2 on the website but I can't find any other pictures...

If you are asking to compare Timeless and Wolfman razors then the main difference is that Wolfman machining tolerances and finishing quality are superior (not just compared to Timeless). You would see and feel the difference clearly. But you pay for it.

I would also say the Wolfman WR2 head is an exceptional design and one of the best there is for its blend of shaving efficiency and smoothness.

Timeless razors are very well made and are great shavers too. It’s just that Wolfman is a step up in refinement all round. Probably the only real negative of the Timeless razor designs (for some people) is that the razor heads are thick and heavy. If that is something you don’t like it is partially remedied by choosing titanium, or taking the ‘Slim’ razor (but that model has very high efficiency and blade feel), but even then the heads are still not thin or especially light. You might not mind that, though, and the mass of the head aids its efficiency.

If you are interested in an open comb razor the Timeless combs are the best design out there.

Where can we find pictures of the WR1 and 3?

Wolfman Wednesday - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/wolfman-wednesday.587851/

I just yesterday posted pictures of the WR3

However, I also have a minor fascination with Gem format even though it never seems to perform as well for me. I keep thinking I might go in for a Wolfman WR3, but then I remember the last higher end Gem format razor I bought (for about half that much money). It was OK but I had struggles.

I get all wrapped around the axle on stuff like that; just how I am. Then I pull out my $2.50 Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher and it gives me a lovely shave and I decide I don't need to spend 140 times that much for another Gem format razor.

If you are even faintly interested in the GEM format, which I believe you are, the WR3 needs to be tried. Or borrowed. I love my ER Streamline and Micromatic but the Wolfman is fabulous. It may not have the finesse and small footprint of the Sabre, I bought two and will buy the revised version this year, but I love the WR3.

Timeless makes fine razors but as noted the precision and finishing of the Wolfman is legendary. I had the Timeless bronze, which was very good but no Wolfman.

Last edited:
The only way to know for sure is to try both and find out yourself. Timeless razors offers 30 days to test your razor and if you don't like it, you just return them the razor and you will get your money back. That's exactly what I did a while ago when I ordered a .95 Ti SB and after a couple of shaves I realised that the razor isn't what I was looking for.

Two months ago I've got my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB and I've been shaving with it ever since with the hope of getting used to it, but I'm not really that impressed and I'm probably going to sell it in the foreseeable future. It's a bit more enjoyable and a decent shaver too compared to the Timeless, but it's not a razor that I can fast shave with, which I'm very accustomed to and I have no desire of changing my routine and way of shaving because of a razor or anything else for that matter.

The only way to know for sure is to try both and find out yourself. Timeless razors offers 30 days to test your razor and if you don't like it, you just return them the razor and you will get your money back. That's exactly what I did a while ago when I ordered a .95 Ti SB and after a couple of shaves I realised that the razor isn't what I was looking for.

Two months ago I've got my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB and I've been shaving with it ever since with the hope of getting used to it, but I'm not really that impressed and I'm probably going to sell it in the foreseeable future. It's a bit more enjoyable and a decent shaver too compared to the Timeless, but it's not a razor that I can fast shave with, which I'm very accustomed to and I have no desire of changing my routine and way of shaving because of a razor or anything else for that matter.
I felt the same about my WR2 1.35. But I learned later how impressive the WR2 is if you have the right gap.

The right gap is 0.95 (the standard gap, and way more efficient than you think it will be).

Or 1.55 is also the right gap if you want amazingly high efficiency (with surprising comfort).

The 0.95 and 1.55 are both gentler than my 1.35, and both are more efficient too. They’re just better - and they’re among my very best razors. They totally changed my mind about how great the WR2 is.

I can't speak to Wolfman because I don't own one, have never handled or shaved with one, and have no plan to buy one.

I do have a Timeless 68SCL with a barber pole handle and it is a cupcake, and has quickly become my favorite modern razor. It is heavy and seems to clamp the blade very securely making it the smoothest razor I have used.

My experience with the Timeless 95OC was not nearly as pleasant. I got good shaves but it was much less forgiving than the 68SCL plate. Really, for me it was an eye-opener, and a bit humbling in the regard that it exposed my lack of experience, or at least my lack of patience with learning a new razor.

I sold the 95OC plate and am thrilled with the 68SCL plate.

I tried the Timeless 95 OC in SS, and ended up returning it. Lovely appearance, but was too aggressive/harsh for me. I gave it an honest go, but couldnt get through a shave without multiple weepers - no matter how I tried to keep the perfect angle/pressure.

I currently own a Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 in SS, and it is noticably smoother, and shaves closer. I still have to be mindful of pressure, mostly, or I will get a weeper. But its a much more pleasurable expereience, for me, over the Timeless.

One is OC and one SB - so not a good apples-to-apples comparison, Ill concede.

So I just looked at both Wolfman, and Timeless price sheet.

Timeless is much cheaper then Wolfman say in Ti offering.

Wonder witch brand has best QC, and Best Fit & Finish?

I felt the same about my WR2 1.35. But I learned later how impressive the WR2 is if you have the right gap.

The right gap is 0.95 (the standard gap, and way more efficient than you think it will be).

Or 1.55 is also the right gap if you want amazingly high efficiency (with surprising comfort).

The 0.95 and 1.55 are both gentler than my 1.35, and both are more efficient too. They’re just better - and they’re among my very best razors. They totally changed my mind about how great the WR2 is.

Maybe in the future I will give the 1.55/1.65 a try, but for now I think I would wait for the Blackland adjustable razor first as well as the newer generations Rocnel adjustables and perhaps even a Taiga.

If you know how to get a Taiga, please share :LMS

A friend of mine is thinking about selling his stainless steel Taiga in matt finish and I asked him to send it to me for a little test drive. Hes asking $250 for it, but since hes a friend of mine, I might be able to get it a bit cheaper. I wish I knew someone who owns an adjustable Rocnel from the latest generations too, since I really want to try it out as well, but I at the same time I'm afraid that I might not like it and lose at least $100 when I try to sell it.

I've checked a few days ago on the Homelike shaving website and I think one can buy a Taiga directly from the website or at least when I put a Taiga in the shopping basket for a test I saw that they offer shipping to anywhere and they are probably working with DHL or other logistics. Still, the only way to know for sure is if anyone tries to buy one.

So I just looked at both Wolfman, and Timeless price sheet.

Timeless is much cheaper then Wolfman say in Ti offering.

Wonder witch brand has best QC, and Best Fit & Finish?
They both have excellent QC. The fit and finish on both is also great, although the edge goes to Wolfman in my opinion. Even their standard non-polished razors look incredible. But as others have noted, Wolfman is also quite a bit more expensive.

I enjoy both my Timeless and Wolfman. If I had to choose I’d go with the Wolfman because in my eyes it’s a nicer looking razor and gives me a more comfortable, efficient shave (keep in mind I’m a mild razor guy, so I’m comparing a Timeless .68 to a WR2 .85). But they’re both great razors at the end of the day.

Top Bottom