What's new

Two high end choice what would you choose why?

A friend of mine is thinking about selling his stainless steel Taiga in matt finish and I asked him to send it to me for a little test drive. Hes asking $250 for it, but since hes a friend of mine, I might be able to get it a bit cheaper. I wish I knew someone who owns an adjustable Rocnel from the latest generations too, since I really want to try it out as well, but I at the same time I'm afraid that I might not like it and lose at least $100 when I try to sell it.

I've checked a few days ago on the Homelike shaving website and I think one can buy a Taiga directly from the website or at least when I put a Taiga in the shopping basket for a test I saw that they offer shipping to anywhere and they are probably working with DHL or other logistics. Still, the only way to know for sure is if anyone tries to buy one.

And then the Russian nation and the owners of Homelike Shaving disgraced themselves in the worst possible way, so I don’t want to use it and I won’t sell it because I don’t like the idea of someone else enjoying it.

I think we should keep all political posturing off this site. No need to start geopolitical
discussions on events going back to 2014 and prior.

The reality is that the only way to buy a Taiga now is to get someone you know in russia to visit the site,
then buy it for you. Shipping from Russia to anywhere is still allowed. HLS can do it.
I guess if you have a friend in a country that has payment systems intact with Russia, it could also be
theoretically possible. Read up below:

Last edited:
I’ve already admitted, I have 6 Timeless Ti Crown handles. I also have matching razor stands for them all. I don’t own a Timeless razor head. I don’t own one because of what I’ve read here. I’m not suggesting they aren’t fabulous for some people but for whatever reason, I think those who love them have better technique than I do and prefer more efficient razors.

I do have a Wolfman WR2 in bronze. I ordered two handles with it that both have similar weights as the Ti Crown. I love the design of the Darwin handle and love both the look and feel of the 3/7 90mm hollow. I went with the standard gap of 0.95 and it suits my face and whiskers well. Lots of people here need the customer gaps James offers. It’s pretty cool he builds what his customers want.
Great razor, the bronze wr2, I have it with a 1.05 gap.

Top Bottom