What's new

Trouser question 🤔

Thanks all. One of the many things that I'm working on is to keep all those that are nice enough to help me, informed or updated on a direction that I took. I did decided to go with a pair of Navy Trousers from Spier and Mackay. Also, when my bride and I have date night out, I won't hesitate to wear a pair of dark blue jeans with said jacket. Thanks all.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
1708952336121.jpeg
I have this Magee jacket, which is slightly darker and one of my favorites. I find it looks great with dark brown pants and dark jeans. I have owned many pairs of pants over the years and none of them were $300 (or $200 for that matter). It pains me to go over $100, but I will reluctantly if a pair of nice wool pants steals my heart. I hit a lot of outlets and have no problem finding pants for under $100.

Possibly, although cut and colour probably make more of a difference. Think of needle cords as being kind of between a regular corduroy trouser, and chinos, and you won't be far off.

The jumbo cords I think are generally considered the most casual, then regular corduroy, then needle cords. That's assuming cut and colour are equal. However, I have a pair of charcoal jumbo cords, which I consider quite dressy. If paired with a well polished black plain derby/brogue, and good shirt, they do dress up very well indeed.

Personally though, in this instance, I think that jumbo cords, and possibly regular cords, might look too "heavy" against the jacket in the opening post. I think the texture of a needle cord would work quite well against them though. So less about formality convention, and more about balancing fabic weights.
This

I think lots of colors would work. I do not like black trousers for anything. Not really sporty and do not turn a sports coat into a suit.

Top Bottom