What's new

Suits me

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm not sure what that is.
Ahhhhh! I'm glad you asked! 3 roll 2 buttoning is when a suit jacket (or blazer) has 3 buttons, but the top button is "rolled" under the lapel so that it looks like a 2 button jacket. It's a distinctive feature of Ivy style tailoring, although is also seen on British tailoring. The original reason for it was college students (hence the Ivy connection) who couldn't afford new suit jackets when two button jackets became fashionable. They just pressed the lapels on their old three button jackets to look like two button. The style was picked up by Brooks Brothers, but instead of pressing the lapel, the lapel was gently rolled, giving a much more elegant look. It's a subtle detail, really. Most people don't notice it. But I really enjoy the style.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I'm surprised nobody has recommended O'Connell's yet. Traditional "Ivy Style" 3 roll 2 buttoned suits with high rise trousers starting around $500. Maybe a bit more nowadays with inflation and all. No better deal for a MiUSA half-canvas suit that I'm aware of. Call them up. Their customer service is very good.
See post 8. Although mine is a Southwick, their house brand is superb. You, sir, have great taste!

Top Bottom