What's new

Trip to Maggard Razors

Went to Maggard Razors for the first time yesterday. I was really impressed with the selection and the size of the store. It's like being a kid in a candy store with all razors, soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves etc... plus I got to meet Brad. It's so nice having a place an hour away that carries so much product. Of course there's more of a selection online with all the shaving sites, but you can't beat being able handle razors and smell soaps and aftershaves in person. Unfortunately I had to show some restraint since SWMBO was with me, but got some Soap Commander for the winter (I have so many warm weather scents). Didn't take any pics of the shop (there are a bunch on their website though). Here's a pic of the soap and cool bag Brad packed it in.
$WP_20151024_20_51_56_Pro.jpg

If I'm EVER in a city that has a shaving supply shop I would make time to visit. Maggard's is probably the closest one to me but Michigan is still a long haul, at least by car. They are one of my 'go tos' for anything I need.

So jealous kind of a double edge sword where I live nice and secluded which I like but I would love to be able to stroll into a shop like Maggards and talk shop with fellow wet shavers on the other hand I would be broke as well

Nice story. If I'm ever in that part of the world, Maggard's would be on my list.

Soap Commander Passion is a terrific scent and like all Soap Commander a great performer. Living in a part of the world that has a winter - you'll appreciate the moisturizing quality of the Shea Butter and Castor Oil.

I live about 3-3.5 hours away. I've lost count how many trips I've made there. Fantastic shop to visit. Even my wife likes looking around the store.

I am one of the fortunate ones - 45 minutes away. I also have a son in Chicago and on our recent visit we visited the expanded men's side of Merz at Lincoln Square, which is called Q Brothers. Maggards in Adrian MI does not take a back seat at all. In fact, when it comes to artisnal soaps and creams, Maggards is far ahead. Plus, with less foot traffic, you can spend time talking to Casie and Brad if he is there.

I'm in the Detroit area, but would like to make the trip there!! I'd have to leave my credit card at home, though lol.

Leave the cards at home. They accept cash. $200 or $300 should cover some of the stuff you have to get to maintain a proper share den.
Of course ,one you get home. You can always go online to get the things that you realized that are still missing. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom