What's new

Traveling and DE Razor

I am taking my first business trip since switching to wet shaving. What do you guys do when you travel? Do you take all your shaving stuff with you or do you switch to cartridges or electric while being away? I bought a smaller travel brush and I have some shave cream in a tube (even have a travel case for my razor) but not sure if it's worth it to take everything with me. Should I just cop out and take my electric with me or suck it up and shave like a man while I'm gone? Trip is 3 nights and I have to shave every day.

What say you?

Thanks.

I would take your shaving stuff with you. If you face lather, there isn't really a big difference. One razor (maybe a couple of extra blades), tub/tube shave cream and a brush. Compared to one cartridge razor (maybe a couple of extra cartridges) and a can/tub/tube of shaving cream. Oh, and your choice of aftershave product.

I'd say you have a sweet setup all ready for your trip! Only concern I have would be what's been mentioned above with the blades. If you're flying, blades pose a problem. If you know they'll be readily available wherever you go, no problem!

Enjoy your trip! Safe travels.

I have a special travel kit when I travel. The shaving related items I pack are as follows:

• My travel razor: a Gillette Red Tip
  • Two five pack of blades (currently Lord Platinum and Personna Reds
  • Two shave sticks
  • I small tube of shave cream
  • A salsa bowl which acts as a bowl to soak my brush in
  • Small travel containers filled with WH and AS
  • A tube of ASB
  • My travel brush: a Muhle synthetic 23mm shave brush
  • A styptic pencil - just in case
All of these go into my checked in suit case if I am flying and in overnight bag if I am driving.

When I traveled on business - which I did for more than 35 years - if I carried on I sent blades to the hotel I was staying at or bought them locally if I knew they were available.

Thanks guys. I am flying but I always check my bag...never carry on....too much of a hassle with all the liquid rules and stuff. I think I'll just take all my shaving gear with me. I lather in a bowl, maybe I'll try face lathering while gone, or just take a plastic bowl with me in my suitcase. Whew.....nearly went back to the dark side of electric shaving, but came to my senses.

I lather in a bowl, maybe I'll try face lathering while gone, or just take a plastic bowl with me in my suitcase. Whew.....nearly went back to the dark side of electric shaving, but came to my senses.

I found a salsa bowl at Target for $1 that fits in my Dopp kit. Melted a little bit of glycerine-based soap to it and it was just perfect!

Thanks guys. I am flying but I always check my bag...never carry on....too much of a hassle with all the liquid rules and stuff. I think I'll just take all my shaving gear with me. I lather in a bowl, maybe I'll try face lathering while gone, or just take a plastic bowl with me in my suitcase. Whew.....nearly went back to the dark side of electric shaving, but came to my senses.

Definitely give face lathering a try. I've traveled a few times over the last three weeks and face lathered using a Whipped Dog synthetic (real soft and dries fast) and a La Toja stick. Got really great results and would definitely recommend it for travel. Good luck!

I am taking my first business trip since switching to wet shaving. What do you guys do when you travel? Do you take all your shaving stuff with you or do you switch to cartridges or electric while being away? I bought a smaller travel brush and I have some shave cream in a tube (even have a travel case for my razor) but not sure if it's worth it to take everything with me. Should I just cop out and take my electric with me or suck it up and shave like a man while I'm gone? Trip is 3 nights and I have to shave every day.

What say you?

Thanks.

My Prince 2 band brush, a Slim or Tech and some Proraso...... i dont take expensive razors just in case of theft or loss.

Well, took everything with me on my trip. Got a new shaving kit a few months ago, and wow it's large so I had plenty of room for all my stuff.....even fit a small plastic bowl in there. Took my EJ89 (haven't used that in a few weeks) along with a tube cream and aftershave as well as all my normal toiletry gear. My travel brush is a bit smaller than my normal brush so it took some time to get a good lather going, but all is well. Travel shouldn't be a big deal now that I have a trip under my belt.

Thanks everyone for the good advice.

I haven't flown in years. Too much hassle over guns, knives and shaving gear that I always have with me. If I can't drive there, I don't go. That being said, space is a concern so I only bring one aftershave, one razor, or sample size puck in Tupperware , one brush and a a five pack of blades. If I'm staying with family or friends I bring my own soap and shampoo, etcetera because nothing is nastier to me than using someone else's.

Top Bottom