What's new

Travel brush trash?

D0351DE5-96F5-4EB9-B9FB-E47AA1ABB5CB.jpeg
AD6CF4AD-8BA1-4C72-A4EF-FCDBE1D21B89.jpeg
I am new to wet shaving and taking the minimalist approach. Lucked into an inexpensive travel set on that auction site and bought it.

Wanted to keep and use the original shave brush, so I tried the spa treatment I had read about. That did not end well, I guess the handle was wood and now there are cracks all in it.

Can I fix this or is it trash? I think it’s the size of a wee scott, but that is outside of my budget.

Thanks,
Tim

I would still use it. The look of the cracks don't bother me, so I would probably just fill any deep cracks with an epoxy and call it good. If you don't like the cracks, sand it, fill the cracks with a wood filler and paint.

I would still use it. The look of the cracks don't bother me, so I would probably just fill any deep cracks with an epoxy and call it good. If you don't like the cracks, sand it, fill the cracks with a wood filler and paint.

+1 Easily salvageable.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Is that a boar? Its hard to tell. Personally I'd trash it. Many inexpensive boars and synths out there.

Thanks guys, I’ll see if I can keep it in service.

Not sure if it’s boar. But if so, I was wanting to try one.

It looks like a boar to me. As @Quijote said, you could sand, use wood filler, then repaint. Just make sure you don't pack a bunch of wood filler through the cracks and into the knot. I wouldn't bother using CA glue or epoxy to fill the cracks, it would be more work than it's worth to sand level, and you'd probably get some in the knot itself, especially if using CA.

Top Bottom