What's new

Torrey Tuesday

5F5E6BC6-798C-46A7-895A-CA462A416421.jpeg
Fine shave from the “Our 136”

guys i cant thank you enough for your patience as i for some reason decided to send in a picture of a renyolds razor on the TORREY TUESDAY page! i am not an idiot.please believe me! i do in fact have a torrey blade in my possession and will prove it shortly! lol. in the meantime thank you again for your patience and information.

guys i cant thank you enough for your patience as i for some reason decided to send in a picture of a renyolds razor on the TORREY TUESDAY page! i am not an idiot.please believe me! i do in fact have a torrey blade in my possession and will prove it shortly! lol. in the meantime thank you again for your patience and information.
Just glad you are here. :a14:

LOL no problem, just helping out and its good that we can all enjoy the same hobby and were all here to help and have fun. I live in central NJ (Middlesex County).

Odd, but Thursday is my Tuesday this week due to the holiday and travel. Thus, today's shave was with my ”Our 136”.

Liking this razor more and more ...IMG_20190101_152441-01.jpeg

ive never seen such an animal, so very interesting! are there many shoulderless razors? it looks like it DOSENT want to attack your neck! lol. is this the case? im one of those poor chaps with the east to west growth just under the jaw.

Question for the Torrey experts. Did they ever put real turtle scales on them? I ask because I ran across a nice one today and I couldn't tell if they were real or not. Thanks

Question for the Torrey experts. Did they ever put real turtle scales on them? I ask because I ran across a nice one today and I couldn't tell if they were real or not. Thanks
I think I know the one you are watching. If so, its been listed for months.

I think I know the one you are watching. If so, its been listed for months.

The one I'm looking at is at a local flea market. I've googled how to tell but I'm still not sure, same thing with Ivory.

It's in very good condition and they only wanted $20 for it but I had already spent too much money. If I knew for sure it was Turtle I would have went ahead and got it.

Torrey Tuesday approaches. This is a celebration of the quality and design of an American made razor with Sheffield ties.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
The one I'm looking at is at a local flea market. I've googled how to tell but I'm still not sure, same thing with Ivory.

It's in very good condition and they only wanted $20 for it but I had already spent too much money. If I knew for sure it was Turtle I would have went ahead and got it.
Tortoise wasn’t made illegal until 1973 so it is quite possibly to be genuine but if the blade is in good shape, I wouldn’t worry about it.

That has to be a rare scales design and material.

I've seen the design on a few other razors, not all Torreys. The blade locks are quite effective (press down to snap in place), but useless unless the pivot pin is loose.

I've seen the mottled silver material on a number of razors, but I think it may have been limited to Torrey. Not my favorite, but original equipment...

Top Bottom