Torrey Tuesday

Discussion in 'General Straight Razor Talk' started by Twelvefret, Dec 28, 2018.

So, I started Micromatic Monday this Summer as a way to enjoy using GEM SE razors with B&B members. Now I am thinking about doing the same with Torrey razors.

If you want to participate, use any Torrey SR you have and let us know how it went. Hopefully I'll have my first Torrey "Our 136" honed and ready for a shave on Tuesday, January 1.

Thank you for participating.

1. Nobody interested???:em18:

2. Boz

Boz

I will use my Torrey Tuesday and report back.

3. Excellent!!:a14:

4. I'm interested. I have an "Our 136" that's not currently in my weekly rotation. May have to make a swap ...

5. Thank you, sir. I noticed you had posted your "136" a while back.

6. I only have 9 Torrey razors. So after 9 weeks you're gonna have to see the same razors.

7. It's more about the SR camaraderie. I only have one Torrey that is supposed to arrive this afternoon. I'll be honing later using the coticule that arrived Thursday.

8. ADE34135-757F-4D7F-A85D-03019244BD27.jpeg The “Our 136” arrived. Has factory finish and serrated edge. Appears never to have been used. How is that possible for a 109 year old SR?

9. I was trying to be funny. I do have a lot of Torreys . I like the story of the family and the blades are very good.

10. I may join you. Let me fo browse the bay.

11. image.jpg I’m waiting for my lapping film to get here but I do have a Torrey razor to use.

12. Perfect. :)

13. Wow, very nice and interesting scales.

14. I have an incoming 5/8 quarter hollow Torrey...
    I really can't wait to try it out.

15. Please join us when you can.

16. So, did you just like Torrey razors for a reason? I think they are made in an artistic way with the twisted shoulder.

17. The scales are what caught my eye on the Torrey I bought, and how clean it was with no wear. They are mother of pearl and as far as I can tell they are original to the razor.

18. I like it. Torrey made their razors special. Could this an ad for your razor?
    National Association of Retail Druggists Journal

19. Just got into them. Read their history and thought it was cool. You can find almost any style of blade. One of my favorites is a 1/4 hollow that I put old bone scales on. They seem to hone up easy and shave great.