What's new

Top 3 soaps

1) T&H Luxury Shaving Soap. There's only the one that I know of, but it smells great and works great.

2) Harris Arlington. Harris Lavender works just as well, but I prefer the Arlington scent.

3) Gold-Dachs Spezial. Available from ClassicShaving (they call it "Rivivage" for some reason). I have no idea what the scent is, but it's good stuff all around.

Mamabear Citrus and Basil (the only one I've tried that didn't burn but MAN is it amazing)
Kruidvat own brand shaving soap. (Cheap and a wonderfull shave with a very mild scent.)
The arizona Goat Milk soap company shaving soap. (The scent is amazing and the lather used to be ok but they said they've just changed the formula to improve that and sent me a piece to test so we'll see if it's even better now. This stuff is so good for the skin that your skin will literally soak it up. It'll sink into your skin. You could use it as an aftershave or just toner by simply putting lather on your face!!)

Alex, I'm surprised you don't like De Vergulde Hand soap. It's soooooo nice--a beautiful scent, with a great creamy and slick lather. I'm using it for my shave tomorrow.

Jeff

well, Alex, I shaved today with the De Vergulde Hand soap, and I enjoyed it a lot. The scent is what also gets me, it silently says "a man with class". It goes very well with Givenchy Gentleman edt.

Jeff

Pre de Provence
Floris
T&H
I still need to play with the new formula Mama Bear, Honey Bee, oh and I need to break out that Speick shave stick.
Cheers, DJ.

finally am posting on my own topic having now tried 3 soaps.

1)Hydrolast cube - not sure it qualifies
2) Pre de Provence - as much cushion as a cream yet still slick
3) QED - very close shave but both versions I have tried have stung my skin (B&B, Grapefruit & Peppermint).

Chris

I prefer Trumper, Floris, AOS, and D.R. Harris. I still have some Floris 89, but when this cake is gone, it's gone. Whether I'll like the other Floris fragrances as much is doubtful. The 89 fragrance blends well with soap and gives it a creamy undertone missing in most soaps. The AOS seems a tad richer than the others, but the difference is slight.

Ken

QED
QED
QED

I have some of MB's new recipe but have not tried it yet but it smells awesome. The QED glycerin soap is superior to any other soap I have tried to date.

Dennis

In no particular order:

Tabac
Will G's Shea Soap
QED Sandlewood

I guess I should make a particular order, but it turns out I listed it correctly the first time a month and a half ago when I made my first post. Will G's Shea edges out Tabac in performance, but I put the Tabac on top because it's so darned easy to use. A drunk monkey working in the dark with hard water and a drugstore boar brush could get an acceptable lather from Tabac.

At present:

1° Harris almond (love the dry, understated almond scent, awesome lather and shave)
2° Trumper Rose (another century-old classic with a great scent)
3° Trumper Limes (same shave as the rose, wonderful lime scent that goes well with Acqua di Parma cologne)

Top Bottom