What's new

Top 3 soaps

So far
Col. Conk - Amber
Tabac
Speick comes only as a stick as for as I know. Not spoken of that I know, but easy for me to get in Chicago. Highly recomened.

Hard Soaps:

Tabac - hands down my overall fav
C&E Nomad
Floris JF

Glycerin:
(in no particular order)

Mama Bear Autumn Afternoon
Colleen's Lemon Tea Verbena
QED Sandalwood

Jordan

1 st class mail said:
So far
Col. Conk - Amber
Tabac
Speick comes only as a stick as for as I know. Not spoken of that I know, but easy for me to get in Chicago. Highly recomened.

Speick soap stick is good stuff, unfortunately I haven't used it very much. Thanks for reminding me, I'll be using it tomorrow, with my speick EDC.

in no particular order!

st. charles shave company - i enjoy new spice & savory rose
mama bear - i enjoy spellbound woods & oak leaves/acorns
QED - i enjoy anise/lavender

i don't think anyone could do wrong going with any offerings from these fine soap makers.

s~s

hello chris,

1. tabac - this is my "go to" soap and has never let me down.

2. qed (fresh lime or sandalwood) - this is the ONLY glycerin soap that works for me and it works phenomenally well.

3. truefitt and hill - rounds out the top three.

notes:

proraso would be in the top five although there is a debate as to whether it is really a soap or not.

trumper (west indian limes or sandalwood) would round out the top five although i don't have enough experience with it to put it in the top three.

thanks,
mike

S

Sam

I am going to say that I have three Trumper soaps (Sandalwood, Rose and Limes) that I am using and a Violet that will be started when one of those goes out and to me, Trumper has been the slickest and best lathering of all soaps I have used.

I have used Tabac, QED in the tubs, Kent, Floris, Joris (which by the way I would say is second and equal to Floris), Crabtree and Evelyn, Sues St. Charles, and a few others.

Sam

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
Floris JF
QED Juniper Berry EO

The Taylor's was the first shaving soap or cream that I ever tried -- it didn't disappoint, and I didn't know what sandalwood should smell like back then :redface: . The Floris came a couple of months later after one of there semi-annual sales. The QED is up there representing the QED soaps overall, but I've just been enamored with this particular scent since receiving it as a sample in a previous order (when it goes up for sale as regular stock, I'm getting more! :tongue_sm ).

I really have so many more that I love having in rotation though. These would just be the ones that came to my mind for assuring agood shave on me.

1. T&H is a great soap with a luxury soap smell

2. No one mentioned Pre de Provence a modestly priced French soap that smells a bit like citronella oil and lathers just awesome

3. Prorazo is very good but it is a "soft" soap - sort of like hard paste

For me:

-Taylor's Sandalwood
-OLIVIA's Oakmoss
-Mama Bear's Rosemary/Peppermint
(-Williams Mug Shaving Soap)
(-BURMA Shaving Soap)
(-ARKO)
(-OLIVIA's Wassermann)

Thomas

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tabac
Willi G. #7
QED lime

It's hard not to include T&H and Harris on any list.

Top Bottom