What's new

Top 3 soaps

I don't know if I should be posting to this thread, because I haven't tried that many soaps. I got 5 Will G soaps having no idea they'd last so long. I have 3 left now, a pretty good supply! So yeah, between those and Williams Mug soap...my vote has to go with Will G shea butter soap.

Number two would be the Surrey/van der Hagen melted down with added glycerin.

Then 3 would be um...Williams.

Not sure I could honestly pick just 3, and the list changes daily, but currently it would be:
QED limes (mmmmmmm....limes....)
Crabtree&Evelyn sweet almond oil (the discontinued scuttle soap-VERRRY good)
Conk almond (one of my first scented soaps and still one of my favorites)

Others I own/have tried that have passed the test of time(and might make the top 3 list on other days):
Tabac. Wonderful lather, just have to be in the right mood for that scent.
L'Occitane Cade. Wonderful, cedar-smelling stuff.
Joris-not sure what that scent is, but I like it.
Any other QED I own-sandalwood is wonderful, just wasn't in a sandalwood mood today.
Proraso. That little green tub of magic available at any Target is a wonder.
Williams. Dirt cheap, available everywhere.
John P.

My top soaps are basically the ones I've tried. So far, I like them all!

1. QED Essentials Wild Orange
  2. Mama Bear's new recipe Smokin' scent
  3. QED Essentials Fresh Lime
  4. ClassicShaving.com Bay Rum

Well, I thought of Proraso's little soap in a tub thing. I don't really care that much for it. I much prefer their cream.

Tim

Tabac (great Tallow soap)
Acca Kappa almond
QED Mocha Java.

Mind you, that leaves out Floris, Czech & Speake 88, Trumper's Violet, Erasmic stick, D R Harris Almond, T&H Rose, Conk Amber... no, damnit, I can't do this.

In addition to Erasmic, De Vergulde Hand, Golddachs Spezial, and the others I listed, I better add on Handmade For You's Drakkar Noir, and Cool Water scented soaps. They're very nice, not only in scent, but great latherability as well. Also, there's nothing wrong with Boots, which also comes from the UK.

Jeff

I am not sure I have top 3 (I have more soaps, just still looking for the top 3) My most important characteristic is mildness on my skin, but I also need nice foam and scents...

Currently seems like this:
1. Tabac
2. Honeybee Chamomile / Shea
3. L'Occitane CADE (not always mild)

Love the scent of Nomad but it is harsher on my face :mad:

Top Bottom