What's new

Tobacquisitions October 2020

E6FE7893-DB02-4CE2-9214-AC0F5E3C2D94.jpeg

Some PS LBF for the cellar and some Sutliff RR to try for the first time.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hmm... that much better? I tried the pouch years ago. Wasn't impressed at all.
I had smoked it a lot a few years back and wanted to buy a pouch and try it again. The pouch I bought was a bit dry and the flavor was kind of muted so I bought a tub and the difference was very noticeable and it showed the blend as it was intended. When I smoked it several years ago I always bought it by the tub. P&C sells Sutliff Match Carter Hall and I’ve ordered ten ounces of that for comparison. Sutliff has a reputation of improving on the blends they match and I have found that to be true so I am curious. It would certainly be a lower cost if it is a good match. I’ve smoked many blends and genres over the past fifty years and CH is one of the best in my opinion. You may want to get a sample of the match. All their Match blends are on sale for $1.75 per oz regardless of quantity purchased. Also the St Bruno is very good.

I had smoked it a lot a few years back and wanted to buy a pouch and try it again. The pouch I bought was a bit dry and the flavor was kind of muted so I bought a tub and the difference was very noticeable and it showed the blend as it was intended. When I smoked it several years ago I always bought it by the tub. P&C sells Sutliff Match Carter Hall and I’ve ordered ten ounces of that for comparison. Sutliff has a reputation of improving on the blends they match and I have found that to be true so I am curious. It would certainly be a lower cost if it is a good match. I’ve smoked many blends and genres over the past fifty years and CH is one of the best in my opinion. You may want to get a sample of the match. All their Match blends are on sale for $1.75 per oz regardless of quantity purchased. Also the St Bruno is very good.
Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a second chance, and order a tub.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a second chance, and order a tub.
Smoke it regularly for a couple of weeks and you just may love it. My experience with these beautifully simple blends is that I have to spend more time with them to understand them. The subtleties are somewhat hidden and become sensed with time. I’ve really gotten hooked on a few of them that I had never really cared for to the point of losing interest in the “fancy” blends. Another blend I think i’ve mentioned is St Bruno, a British “codger” blend that dates back to the 1880’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carter Hall wasn’t an adaptation of this blend for American tastes.

Top Bottom